Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating putting a cage in my Z, but this is more of a daily driver and I am not sure if I want to pull the gun on it. If anyone could post a pic, I would really appreciate it. I just want to see how it fits and if it really makes the interior more crampt. All help is greatly appreciated.
-Russ

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Russ,
It is really hard to appreciate a cage unless you can see it in person. I highly recommend you take a trip to Philly and tour the Phoenix shop and look at their race Vettes with cages in them. I drove all the way from Memphis to Philly to tour their shop before I pulled the trigger on my T1 prep. Well worth the trip.

Several forum members have come good pics of a Phoenix cage in their daily drivers. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
We have a 5 point in a car. So with door bar being removable we don't even know it's there :thumb:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Are you really considering a cage or just a roll bar? If you're talking about a full roll cage, it'll definitely cut into head room, effect rearview mirror visibility, and you'll most likely lose your visors. Roll bars are not as intrusive and you can have a swing-out/removable side bar. But here are pics of my 10-point roll cage. Custom work by Neverlift Racecraft in NJ:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Here's some shots of my Phoenix T1 cage, which is my daily driver. Window nets not used on the street, but 6pts are.

The lower door panel is cut away because the door bars are inside the door when it is closed. More interior room than stock, and the windows still work.

Look for a post from MYSR71 for great photos of the back half of the cage, which he had done this year.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Go to Wolfe's web site. Thet have a number of pics of a FRC with a 6 point rollbar.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i have a wolf 6pt. and i love it its not even noticeable when i remove the door bars ...it takes 5 min to put them back in...if you run 9.99 or slower this is the best looking cage imho....hey my wife even likes it she said it looks great...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts