Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

The Connecticut Autocross & Rally Team (CART) hosted a track day and time trial at Pocono's north course on Friday.What a great day. Weather was perfect. Tons of open track time (several people got about 200 miles of track time).

The time trial was run extremely well and quickly. At the end of the day they held a fun event they called a team relay.

They took everyone who had taken part in the time trial and assembled five man teams (or you could form your own teams). They added your combined best times together and than at the start of the relay they handicapped each teams start time. As an example they had four 5 man teams that wanted to compete. Each team lined up their 5 members nose to tail in one line for each team on the main straight facing the north course. They started the slowest team first and than the next team at whatever the "handicapped" time dictated and than the next team and so on till all the teams (4) were on the course. The idea was to run five laps as fast you can and then turn into the pits. When your teammate finished than the next teammate started. You could only pass in the same passing zones that were in use all day (no wheel to wheel in corners) as the relay progressed the gaps closed and passing took place and the first team across the finish line after the twenty-five laps was the winner. It was a ball.

The Corvette team would have won except one of the members couldn't count to five and came in after only 4 laps and had to make up a lap at the end. Next time we need more vette drivers (ones that can count to five at least). :rofl:

The next event at Pocono will be 8/1 and than again on 9/2. Info available at www.cartct.com

Brian

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
b91857 said:
The Corvette team would have won except one of the members couldn't count to five and came in after only 4 laps and had to make up a lap at the end. Next time we need more vette drivers (ones that can count to five at least). :rofl:
I sure hope the guy who couldn't count wasn't driving an EB-Z06. :lol:

Don

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don,

No, I actually made all my laps ;) a guy driving a C4 forgot one lap. What was funny was that a bunch of Fieros formed a team and two of their guys miscounted and one ran out of gas and had to make a pit stop :rofl: It was a lot of fun to run and to watch.

Brian

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
b91857 said:
Don,

No, I actually made all my laps ;) a guy driving a C4 forgot one lap. What was funny was that a bunch of Fieros formed a team and two of their guys miscounted and one ran out of gas and had to make a pit stop :rofl: It was a lot of fun to run and to watch.

Brian
Brian,

Sorry...I should have checked your sig for the type of Z you have. I was being a wiseass :D and referring to my friend, Tom Templeman...Backlash at this site. I believe he might have been at Pocono this weekend, though not necessarily running with your group. He has an EB Z06 as well. :yeadog:

Don

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don,

I took no offense. I don't know if your friend was there or not. I did see a EB Z06 with Grand Sport wheels but didn't get a chance to talk with him. He didn't take part in the "team relay" part of the event. To bad we could have used him. In the future I think we should give everyone a math test first. The test can be if they can count the fingers on one hand. :lol:

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts