Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is a bit more exciting to watch...from Sunday, 8/7/2005:

Pocono Race #2

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Thanks for the vid,you've got my respect.That was a hell of a run until things went sour. What exactly went wrong with the car?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What exactly went wrong with the car?
By being so close to the #35 car of Bob Kahn for so long at such high RPMs, the motor's coolant temp went too high and the car went into "limp" mode.

·
Registered
573 Posts
What course did you run?

It looks like a combo of the east and south course, please let me know. Vid is great btw! Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
That sucks David. :flaming: You ran a better line than the 35 car, you out-braked him each lap going into turn 1 and the chicane and was all over his butt on the infield part of the course. You couldn't have done anything any better and then the motor craps out. :( You ran a hell of a race but, like they say, "that's racing!"

Better luck next outing. Keep those videos coming...I really enjoy them.

Charlie

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yeah, I agree with Charlie- it looked like you could have had #35 through the corners if both you cars hadn't been so close in power. You two were neck & neck down the straights.

Thanks for the great video. The clips were all great "cliffhangers" because each one had you just about overtaking #35 at the end...until the "limp" mode (maybe Mark Martin has a secret additive in his stocker???) ;) :p

Jim

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
ST1100 said:
...until the "limp" mode (maybe Mark Martin has a secret additive in his stocker???) ;) :p

Jim
:rofl: :rofl: I wish I had thought of that one. A very good "connect the dots" play on words!

Charlie

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
until the "limp" mode (maybe Mark Martin has a secret additive in his stocker???)
:eyes:

·
Registered
722 Posts
...just making fun, sorry. I know it's the "limp home" mode, so "limp mode" sounded funny. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't apologize, no offense taken...

Now that I look at it, it is even funnier...although when I was out of the car, I WAS limp (my whole body...). The ambient air temp was 90+, the track temp even higher, there was no breeze because of the high banking of the oval, and the safety equipment we wear...I was exhausted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts