Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What a blast! :jammin: Attended the Corvette Club of Northeastern Pa. open track day at Pocono Intl. Raceway on Monday. It was a very well run event, had a ball driving around the long course and I have to say driving into NASCAR turn 1 at about 150 mph is a pretty good adrenaline rush!These cars never cease to amaze me, Myself and Chris from ECS split sessions all day running in the Blue group, and every time out we were the fastest passing numerous cars.(SOME OF THEM COSTING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND NOT MADE IN THE USA! :D ) I can't wait for the next event, I'm totally hooked! I'm officially moving up from waxer to track junky :screwy: :lol: :z: :cheers: Oh and I would also like to thank Speedpup for the gas! :blush:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
$160 and a helmet and your involved. :D Instructors are available. Great meeting everyone at the event. Now jump to the red group. Nothing like beating a foreign car that cost mulitple times the cost of a CHEBY :D It is a great event to even look at all the cars. Now you need to come to the NJ Viper Event. I heard a cam is coming your way. :jawdrop: I was dying to see the IMSA Porsche run but it never got up to speed. I'll add some pictures of it later. Next time I'll get my car lower and stop 4 wheeling :crazy: Thanks for your help at the track guys when my air coupler blew off and my headers blew the air tube out :jawdrop:

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Looks like a blast, I'm looking forward to getting out there next year...
(JEM) Jose and Tom (Backlash) have been going there for last couple of years and have convinced me that I need to go. :D

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Tom Fuscaldo said:
Looks like a blast, I'm looking forward to getting out there next year...
(JEM) Jose and Tom (Backlash) have been going there for last couple of years and have convinced me that I need to go. :D

Yep. Chris, Bob and Tom have told me my drag racing days will be over once I hop on the track at a DE event. :yeadog:

Don

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Don Benson said:
Yep. Chris, Bob and Tom have told me my drag racing days will be over once I hop on the track at a DE event. :yeadog:

Don
Could be true Don...although I was addicted to all aspects of the Z06 sport! :thumb:

But there's nothing like going 140 with no cops behind you! :thumb: :D
It's like a long drag race with a few corners thrown in. :yeadog:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Bad Machine, Very :coo: Great pictures

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Bad Machine:

Nice pics! Niow, I see why your username is "Bad Machine" :thumb:

You gave me the kick inthe pants I needed...am going to check into what Michigan International Speedway offers for HPDE. I've done parade laps around MIS, but want to do it faster.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Good stuff ...
"I remember my first time ..."
Can't get enough of it ... we become speed nympho's ....:D

·
Registered
208 Posts
where can I get the blue tape you have to protect from rocks, chips, itc.... ?

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Get the painters tape at any "big box" store. Looks like BadMachine used about two rolls (@ ~ $6.00 a roll)

·
Banned
809 Posts
DennyM said:
Get the painters tape at any "big box" store. Looks like BadMachine used about two rolls (@ ~ $6.00 a roll)
You can get blue painters tape at just about any hardware store. I prefer the racers tape because it sticks better. The only drawback to the racers tape though is that it sticks better and leaves more residue behind.

Sal

1 - 20 of 28 Posts