Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
thx2,

I think they look great! Are you happy with the way they came out? Did you polish the whole wheel (behind the spokes too)?

Clear coat or not?

Very cool. :cool:

Mark

·
Registered
0 Posts
They look great!! :cool: If I had it to do over, I would also probably go with the polished wheels.

Take a look at your vote count, :lol: we are all pulling for you. :D

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Where did you get them?

Polished looks the best IMO(LAE1HO)! I was thinking about cromies until I saw Yellohh's polished C-5 rims.

Now where can inquiring minds get polished Z06 wheels? Any problems polishing '02? Please tell :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Re: Where did you get them?

MiZ06 said:
Polished looks the best IMO(LAE1HO)! I was thinking about cromies until I saw Yellohh's polished C-5 rims.

Now where can inquiring minds get polished Z06 wheels? Any problems polishing '02? Please tell :)
Agree 100%. Need more info please..............

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
thx2,

Great looking wheels.....................

Guy's i put a couple links in the llinks section on wheel polising places.......

·
Registered
666 Posts
IMA Z06 said:
thx2,

Great looking wheels.....................

Guy's i put a couple links in the llinks section on wheel polising places.......
Looked, but didn't see them? Help...............

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fanatical1 said:
thx2,

I think they look great! Are you happy with the way they came out? Did you polish the whole wheel (behind the spokes too)?

Clear coat or not?

Very cool. :cool:

Mark
Mark,

I'm very happy with the shine. I would rate the shine a 10 (on a 1 - 10 scale) as it looks like chrome. Overall I would rate them a 9.

They hand polished these to get a really deep chrome like shine. If they used a lathe or machined them it would not be this bright, however hand polishing is not a perfect art so some of the spokes have a ripple here or there. Nothing you would see unless you looked way close or were cleaning them, etc..
I only had them polish the faces of spokes, the outer rim and the center bowl. The sides, back of the spokes and back of the wheels are done in an automotive gloss black.

They recommended not to clear coat since it would lose 25 - 30% of the shine and could turn yellow with excessive heat. Plus there is no snow or really crappy weather here other than a little rain once in a while - we get about 325 sunny days / year :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts