Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the deal with this polished wheel constraint? Is it still active? Does anyone know why there is a constraint on the polished wheels options? Supplier issue? QA issue on the wheels? I'm contemplating changing my order to remove this option if it'll speed it up. But I'd hate to change the order and then have the constraint lifted the next day/week.

What's the skinny on this? Is it real? Why?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Zippy's order does not have polished wheels on it.

The constraint is real and it is a supplier capacity restriction.

·
Registered
77 Posts
bjaber said:
So what's the deal with this polished wheel constraint? Is it still active? Does anyone know why there is a constraint on the polished wheels options? Supplier issue? QA issue on the wheels? I'm contemplating changing my order to remove this option if it'll speed it up. But I'd hate to change the order and then have the constraint lifted the next day/week.

I don't know why this is. I ordered one of the first 03 Cobra's and had the same problem. I just purchased chrome after market rims for the same price as the polished ones would have been. Seems all new American muscle cars are having this problem.

·
Registered
203 Posts
bjaber said:

Actually as of today, there looks like a Z06 contraint. May let the supplier catch up on wheels.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Constraint is very real. I don't want the polished wheels, so that's great for me, as I just leapfrogged past the person ahead of me. My order goes in today, 1LZ with Navigation, black car with red stitching interior. I'm gonna powder coat the wheels black! :cheers:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just got a call from the dealer today saying I could possibly get my car sooner if I dropped the polished wheels option. I agreed that if it could get my car to me more than 3 weeks sooner, I'd do it.

I was rather torn between the two, anyway. And if the painted wheels aren't "bling" enough for me, I can always get them dipped. So, I'm willing to drop that option to rush my car to me :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Lankhoss said:
I just got a call from the dealer today saying I could possibly get my car sooner if I dropped the polished wheels option. I agreed that if it could get my car to me more than 3 weeks sooner, I'd do it.

I was rather torn between the two, anyway. And if the painted wheels aren't "bling" enough for me, I can always get them dipped. So, I'm willing to drop that option to rush my car to me :)
Who is your dealer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Allocation is in.

bjaber said:

Not to sure what the issues were, but I was able to order my Triple Black with Red inserts today. I am number two at Penske Chevrolet in Indianapolis and had no issues ordering mine with the polished wheels. I would not change the order if I was you.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Some dealers will earn the constraints, and others will not. It is a function of the allocations. If a dealer has the polished wheels and does not take them, they could pass on to another dealer in the DOSP cycle.

It is a supplier capacity issue on the wheels.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Here's the Facts

Z06Dad said:
I just read this thread (8:37AM, 8-12-05) and want everyone to know the facts.

When I originally spoke with my salesman, I didn't want polished wheels. Later on, I requested he add polished wheel(RPO code QL9) option with the caveat that should there be a constraint, I would accept either wheel.

Z06DAD: I do not lie..simple as that.

Tony :) :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Does anyone know when the competition gray wheels are going to become available? That is what I really want. ;)
I hope they become available before my order goes through.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts