Corvette Z06 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Fresh Photos

Did some new photos with a digital camera today.

Here's the first:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Fresh Photos

Here's the second:

Shown here are the polished center caps from the coupe and lug nut covers painted to match the rim.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Corvette Dave -

Looking forward to your returned wheel. I also appreciate what Jacob has done. It has made me proceed with caution.

Your lug nut caps - you can buy them in chrome, exactly like the ones that are on there. I got mine at a car show in Tenn. They are $2 apiece.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Thanks - now we see the metal and the polish job. Looks pretty damn good. Way to go, I do hope you have numerous coats of clear on that :).... thank you, again!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
This is from an earlier post:

Panther's non toll free number is 604-599-1542. Ask for Keith and mention John's Z06 wheels. I made them aware of this forum as a heads up.

The price is (Canadian) $135 per wheel plus $80 shipping for 4 wheels. Add $20 per wheel if tires are involved. So, without tires you have $135 x 4 + $80 = $620 Canadian or $390 US at today's exchange rate.

You can find them at:

http://www.pantherwheels.com/

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Kahuna Canuck

Kahuna Canuck -is that you I see zooming around 128th and 20th?
Im 1 block from that location.

Zedoh6

·
Registered
514 Posts
I like that look. $380 include shipping?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
That was the price last year. You should contact Panther to verify current pricing.

Jacob

·
Registered
136 Posts
Great Wheels!

Stogo,
I just got mine back from Panther... Paul was very helpful, and the wheels look great! Be sure to send you center caps as they will paint them to match for free, and I chose to have them done w/o the red logo.
The cost was a little more than I thought... Panther did their part for the $135 Canadian as advertised, freight out = $118 usd, customs $ 45 usd, freight back yet to be determined, haven't gotten the bill yet. Our shipping dept. put the wheels in very large boxes which cost me big, the freight should have been ~$ 80 each way. Also got nicked for a Customs import charge, the export dec. was filled out like we were shipping product to Canada.

If all goes well I'd expect ~$500 for shipping & the work. My car was in the air for 25 days. Shipped 2/1, returned on 02/25 and installed.

These Wheels look like they should have come from the factory! I'm a very satisfied customer of Panther Wheels.

Bob:D :cool:

·
Registered
122 Posts
as to the dust , lets ask ask Jacob as he has driven his car most of the winter and the wheels always look clean

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
No special tips. They have 3 coats of Zaino. Between washes, I blow them off with compressed air.

Jacob.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Just to round out the story, I did my wheels with WheelAmerica, and was super satisfied-saved BIG BUCKS on shipping, as there is an outlet here in Dallas. Mounted Toyo Proxes T-1's and installed on my FRC. Boss look!:p Since they were going on my FRC, which has black lettering and original, unpainted calipers, I elected to keep the center caps and lug caps dark gray. Believe me, it works!:cool: :)

Will get some better pictures, but here's one.

Joe:D :D :D :D

Attachments

G

·
Love both of those awesome blue cars!

Joe,

Please let us know how it worked out with wheels of america..

Did you do high polish and clear coat or did you go with a paint?

Looking foward to more great photos.

·
Registered
755 Posts
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cheers: :z:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Re: Love both of those awesome blue cars!

JBsC5 said:
Joe,

Please let us know how it worked out with wheels of america..

Did you do high polish and clear coat or did you go with a paint?

Looking foward to more great photos.
JB,

Had the OEM dark grey paint stripped, resprayed bright silver and then all out-facing surfaces machine finished and cleared. I did not polish the wheels. They are 2002 OEM Speedilne wheels.

Feel free to give me a shout or E-mail if you want any more info. BTW, the reworking cost US $109 per wheel, one day service.

Joe

Joe:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
machined side spokes

Jacob,

I just had my rims done by Panther. Did they machine the sides of the spokes, too? Mine did not get done even though I asked for it to be done. I was wndering if they are just not doing the spoke sides on all of the wheels?

41 - 60 of 72 Posts