• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6'3" and today while I was visiting Bud's I sat in a Z06 and felt like I was 7'3." It appeared that the seat was all the way back. How do the tall people here fit in their Z?

P.S. Every time I'm in Buds showroom my Corvette Fever is reignited and all my blood flows to my left foot and right hand. Is that Normal:lol:?

·
Registered
81 Posts
At 6'1" I have no problem at all - I even scoot the seat up some. BUT, with my helmet on, it's a different story. I have to move the seat up further and lean it back pretty far in order to fit. I guess it's not too bad, it's just different so it takes a bit to get used to it.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I am 6'2" and I don't have a prob. with head room and getting in or out of the Z.

Even with my helmet on I don't touch the roof with the helmet.

Got to be seat adjustment.

Darwin.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
I'm just under 6'4" and have a fairly long torso -- and fit in. The seat is all the way back, slight angle and it works just fine.

My son is 6'6", but has a longer legs and shorter torso than me -- and he keeps telling me he could easily drive it.
--- which if he learns to drive a stick on someone else's car I just might consider--

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
6'1" here, and no problems at all. Plenty of room, and I love the way it feels!

JMo

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Backlash said:
My son is 6'6", but has a longer legs and shorter torso than me -- and he keeps telling me he could easily drive it.
--- which if he learns to drive a stick on someone else's car I just might consider--
:lol:If you're ever in mid-west Ohio he could learn in my car. He needs to learn! If I wouldn't have gotten a stick, I would have never had such a desire for Z06s, Vipers, and M5's. The best cars only come with 1 transmission option.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
6'1" . . . no problem w/ a helmet either (not sure if I'd have an issue with a helmut though . . . Mike, are those the ones with the pointy spike on the top? :rofl: )
Top of the helmet rubs a little bit, but not too much . . . depends mostly on what I had for breakfast.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I have a client that is 6'7" - he got into the driver seat - and there is no way he can drive this car! He almost looked like he was sitting in a go-cart.

It's really too bad - because he was really interested in buying a Z06.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I'm 5'8" and am pretty cumfy in the car. I am at the other end of the scale. I have the seat pretty far forward but, it still feels just right.

P.S. I feel ten feet tall while driving the Z:D

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
emf said:
6'1" . . . no problem w/ a helmet either (not sure if I'd have an issue with a helmut though . . . Mike, are those the ones with the pointy spike on the top? :rofl: )
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yea, Eric....that's the one. Got it off a German Kaiser during the War:D :lol: :lol:

(that was right after I won the school spellin' bee) :eek:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
6'3" here. Fit is pretty good. Top of helmet just barely touches the headliner. I did get an aftermarket steering wheel and installed it with a spacer to bring the wheel closer to me so that I could slide my seat back a little more to give me additional knee clearance from the dash. John Caravaggio said that the '03 Z has a different headliner that gives about an additional 1 inch of headroom. I'll probably put one of those in to eliminate the slight roof touching of my helmet.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
5'4" with long torso, no legs. I have the seat way up. On track days I have the seat up, but all the way down for helmet clearance. This car is extremely comfy on long trips. I don't see how big people drive comfortably, especially with helmets.

:D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
6'5" 275lbs and I fit just fine :)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
6'5" here and I have very little headliner clearance. I will really have to slouch to wear a helmet. It's not the most comfortable rig for me to drive, so I just suffer:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Waterfreak said:
6'3" here. Fit is pretty good. Top of helmet just barely touches the headliner. I did get an aftermarket steering wheel and installed it with a spacer to bring the wheel closer to me so that I could slide my seat back a little more to give me additional knee clearance from the dash. John Caravaggio said that the '03 Z has a different headliner that gives about an additional 1 inch of headroom. I'll probably put one of those in to eliminate the slight roof touching of my helmet.
6'3" here also (225 lbs). I fit fine, but I wish I had the optional telescoping steering column to give the knees a little more room.

I had heard opposite of what Caravaggio said though. Someone contacted me through email asking about headroom once (which I couldn't answer since I have a coupe). They said their head touched the ceiling in a new Z06. They later tried an '01 and had plenty of clearance. They said the headliner was lowered in newer models to make room for additional bracing added for crash protection. Can anybody who has owned both verify which has more room?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Javelin said:

6'3" here also (225 lbs). I fit fine, but I wish I had the optional telescoping steering column to give the knees a little more room.

I had heard opposite of what Caravaggio said though. Someone contacted me through email asking about headroom once (which I couldn't answer since I have a coupe). They said their head touched the ceiling in a new Z06. They later tried an '01 and had plenty of clearance. They said the headliner was lowered in newer models to make room for additional bracing added for crash protection. Can anybody who has owned both verify which has more room?
At 6'5"@240 I don't fit In much,but There's a ton more room In the C5 than any other vintage.I've driven 01's AND 03'S found them to be consistent In roof clearance,perhaps the 01 In question had been"enjoyed" by a large operator:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Height issue

I'm 6'2" 230lb & never had a problem with the seat adjustment. You need to set the seat forward slightly & adjust the fore/aft:) :)

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.