• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
DBarbosa said:
I am 6'2" and I don't have a prob. with head room and getting in or out of the Z.

Even with my helmet on I don't touch the roof with the helmet.

Got to be seat adjustment.

Darwin.
Darwin you fit in your Z JUST FINE:thumb:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am 6'5" and have no problem driving a Z, but there is no way I could wear a helmet! When I get one, I will either bolt the seat directly to the floor, or replace it with something lower (like a sparco). It is better than a coupe because the roof is all soft. I bang my head all the time in our coupe, the metal roof beam hurts!

·
Registered
373 Posts
6'5" 260-270 (muscular not fat) :)

I had a 2000 SS before and there is so much more room in the Vette and a much better seating position. Seats are not the greatest of all cars, but I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
355 Posts
6'4" and thin, so not much of a butt so my wife complains. I have a 2003 and installed a 2002 headliner. This made a small difference tho my hair tickles the top a bit - sometimes annoying.

Reading a few of the earlier posts, tilting the seat-back is a BAD idea. Your torso needs to be vertical to allow your butt to tell you what the car's up to. Its way more sensitive than your back, which would be bearing some of your weight with a big recline - hence the term: "seat of the pants". Also, look at the seating position of race car drivers - obviously vertical.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
LOT'S-O-ROOM in the C5-Z06.

The C6 is a bit tighter and the headroom is only the same with the tint roof!!! BEWARE.
-Bill. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am 6' 5" maybe 6' 6" and I have sat in a lot of cars that I do not fit in. I just bought a Z right before Christmas and with the seat all the way back I fit in there fine and the ride is very comfortable.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Re: Are Z's suited for people of different height?

6,2 264 fit just fine but at first it was a little awkward and uncomfortable put once you hit the go peddle you settle in quick lol.:yeadog:

·
Registered
78 Posts

I'm 6'4" and my legs touch the bottom of the steering wheel at the preferred tilt angle. I wish we had telescoping columns or pedals. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts

I'm 6"4, and then some. Even with my helmet on I've got plenty of headroom. Yes, the seat is all the way back, but never feel there isn't enough room. Now if I were "fat" and as tall as I am, I might feel a little cramped.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts

Geez I thought everyone knew how to drive here.....:mug:

I attended Z06 Fest a couple years back and attended a driving seminar by Andy Pilgrim, he taught me how to sit in a car...

I'm 6'5" 245 lbs (just lost 40 lbs), seat is FORWARD about 2", very slightly reclined and no problem with a helmet. Before attending the seminar I ALWAYS put the seat back as far as possible in every car I drove. Here's your quick lesson: when your arms are on the steering wheel, they are supposed to be BENT!..... :) This reduces fatigue and increases your ability to turn the wheel QUICKLY. Now, every car I get in I move the seat forward. If you don't believe me pick up a brick and hold it out with your arms extended and move it around like you do a steering wheel, they try it with your arms down and forearms extended.

Now do I need to educate you on how to adjust your side mirrors :lol:

·
Banned
20 Posts

It depends in part on where your height comes from. I'm 6'2" and so is a friend of mine. I have plenty of room (02 with thinner headliner), but he has a longer torso relative to mine and while he doesn't hit the roof he is a lot closer.

The 02 headliner really does make a difference-- my hair was hitting on an 04 that I drove.

·
Registered
348 Posts

I'm 5'5" and had no problem with my '01. I set my driving position just like they say to do it in the owner video. Once I have my legs in the right spot, I would use the tilt until my wrist was able to bend over the top of the steering wheel. It gave me good leverage on the steering wheel and I could see the front end if the lights were on. This setup gave me a good position to learn how to heal toe shift. I had a blast at auto-x events. I tried messing with the seat height a few times, but I kept it on the floor most of the time.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.