• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the c6 has been out a while now, just wondering what the consensus is on which looks better, c5 or c6. Personally, I think they're both automotive perfection, but prefer the c5. I always used to wonder when I was in my 'teens why older people liked the looks of c4s or c3s better than a c5. Now I know why. The c5 is my generation's 'vette, and my first love, the first 'vette that I dreamed of.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
C5. I'll take my C5's appearance any day over C6.

C6-You can make better stuffing for a turkey, but it's still a turkey on the outside.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Backlash said:
The reduction of curves has taken some of the soul out of the design.
That and the reduced size. I know GM wants to sell more cars in Europe, but I don't want a small European sports car. I want a big American car. That's one of the things that makes a corvette great, it is the best of both worlds, sports car AND muscle car.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I think the C5 is a better looking car. And I was not a C5 fan until the came out with the FRC. Brought back memories of my 57 and 62 Corvettes with the hartops bolted on. :)

·
Banned
809 Posts
I picked the C5. There are a few design cues that I like on the C6, but as a whole, I prefer the C5.

I wouldn't ever trade a C5 Z06 for a C6, other than the C6 Z06. The only reason why I'd get the C6 Z06 is because of its performance. Not because of its looks.

You know that your vote is going to be skewed asking it here. Try asking the same question over at CF in the C6 section. ;)

Sal

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
They both look awesome in their own way. The FRC has a profile you can't beat, but the new C6 has a more agressive look. C5 will always be the first vette I fell in love with though.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Having owned or driven every model of Corvette, I prefer the C5 to the C6. It is just a more integrated "whole". The C6 is beautiful but the design elements diverge to car by commitee or platform car. :zboobie:

1 - 20 of 191 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.