Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Your oppinion on Body Side Mouldings on a Z06! Pick all that apply!

• Saved my door more than once

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Look good on Dads' Oldsmobile, but not on my Z!

Votes: 266 45.3%
  • I have them on my Z

Votes: 258 44.0%
  • Wish I had them !

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • Wish I didn't have them!!

Votes: 38 6.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Feel free to leave your thoughts on this option!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
BSM

It's really a personal preference ! If you drive your Z to work everyday you may want them. If not take them off. IMHO they take away from the lines of the car. I ordered one without ! It didn't ever materilize. So the one that I got had the BSM. I left them on for about a 11/2 months and took them off last Sun. Boy it really does look better !

But only you can decide !

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
508 Posts
love hate

I love what they do
I hate how they look

opinion mileages vary greatly :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Re: love hate

IceSabre said:
I love what they do
I hate how they look

opinion mileages vary greatly :)
Hmm... I don't think they "do" anything, since THEY mark/scratch/chip if they're hit -- and they're still on your car. Sure, the rapair work to them may be less than to a door, but I think the point is to not let ANYTHING get hit, including the BSM's. i don't look at mine as door protection at all.

I like the way they look on the MY Z. They seem appropriate with the HT shape and the Z's wheels. I don't like them on all models and colors, though.

-K

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
My situation is just like RobVet's. I ordered a car without them, but took possession of a car that has them.

I'm honestly indifferent to them...either way I think the car looks great. I'm typically more impressed with subtle lines, and that's why I ordered one without the BSMs. But, now that I have the car ... I like them.

Maybe someday I'll take them off, maybe I won't.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I ordered my car from a sheet of paper and I did get the BSM and have no regrets! I like the look and the protection. To each their own so look at some pictures of cars on our forum here and decide for yourself. I say get them and if you ever decide you do not like them, just use a hair dryer and remove the BSM's! Bill :cheers:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Re: Re: love hate

KMeloney said:

Hmm... I don't think they "do" anything, since THEY mark/scratch/chip if they're hit -- and they're still on your car. Sure, the rapair work to them may be less than to a door, but I think the point is to not let ANYTHING get hit, including the BSM's. i don't look at mine as door protection at all.

I like the way they look on the MY Z. They seem appropriate with the HT shape and the Z's wheels. I don't like them on all models and colors, though.

-K
By "do" I was just referring to the fact that if they do "take one for the team" they keep the door from getting damaged and can be removed if too bad. I definately agree that the point would be to not get hit... I also agree that they look better on some colors than others. Yellow and red come to mind. Come to think of it hate is too strong of a word.... maybe "I preferred to not have them on EB" :)

·
Registered
764 Posts
You either like them or you don't. I'm fortunate I like them because I think they make the car look better and they serve the function of protecting the doors.

Get what you like. The odds of a door ding or scrape is minimal IMHO.

Mark

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
BSM

just keep one thing in mind ! Don't leave them on too long because the paint wiil fade or discolor ! It's a proven fact :eek:

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
At the Carlisle show, I noticed that Kerbeck's had a display tent with several new 2002 Corvettes and none of them had body side moldings on them. I asked why and was told that 50% of the buyers don't want them, so they order all their in stock Vettes without them. Kerbecks charges $400 to add them on afterwards vs $75 from the factory. I have them on mine and I prefer them.

carzzy

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I think the Body side moldings look great on the coupe and convertable, but do not look so good on the Z. :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
0 Posts
I personally happen to like them, but could take it either way. :)

Where is HarleyB when we need him?? :-? You should see the BSM photo he has!! :lol:

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
I don't really like the way they look. I don't like the way splash guards look either; however if you daily drive your car, then you must install some kind of protection. Even with the body side moldings it's highly likely your door will get dinged anyway. The Z06 is so low and the SUVs are so high :(

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I ordered mine without them.

Figured I'd pick up 8 MPH and 3 HP along with saving 75 bucks. :D

Pat :guiness:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Z06phile said:
I don't really like the way they look. I don't like the way splash guards look either; however if you daily drive your car, then you must install some kind of protection. Even with the body side moldings it's highly likely your door will get dinged anyway. The Z06 is so low and the SUVs are so high :(
Yep, never fails. The doors don't match and ya get dinged anyway. I did not order them. TR looks much better without them. Black you really can't see um............

rod

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I like mine very much... Torch Red and all!!!:p

Two different views. Without, the car looks almost Italian in style... With... Looks like a rip-roaring American kind of thing...

But then I always thought Carly Simon was a Hotty!!!!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Really don't have an opinion either way. ;)

Having a black car, they look OK. Thought about removing them, but not sure I want to deal with taking them off and any issues with what lies beneath? :-? :roll:

They'll stay for the time being............
:cool:

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.