Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Chromies?

• Would you like GM to offer Chromies?

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Would you be willing to pay for this option?

Votes: 11 40.7%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious.....IF GM offered chrome or hi-polished wheels on the Z06, would you choose this option over the standard gray/silver finish?

My choice...YES!

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Another YES here. The chrome Z06 wheels look spectacular.

They probably didn't want to add the extra 3 grams/wheel of weight from the chrome :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Not only yes, but Hell Yes. I have been contemplating this for months. Pollish, chrome, leave stock, HRE's, etc. If a chrome option would of been available I would of done it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I would rather see ALL interior/exterior colors available:D

I would still have ordered EBlue, but with a Silver interior:cheers:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I tend associate chrome with cars that emphasize looking quick over being quick. So my gut says no..

But I haven't seen a black Z with chrome wheels (and brake dust ;)), so I'm witholding judgement until I've had some quality time to stare at mine.

As an autocross/road racer type, I kinda like this. You chrome guys help us get new wheels cheap :)

What I am wondering about.. How would the stock wheels look black anodized?? Black wheels don't always look as good as I'd hope, but I'm wondering..

·
Registered
361 Posts
RAT has black wheels

RAT (Ram Air Tony) on the other forum has black (painted I think:-?) wheels on his MY ZO6. I think they look cool:cool:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I too would like to see chromies as an option, but not as the standard. I'm not actually sure I like chromies better. Kinda undecided. BTW, this poll doesn't make any sense to me. What if I want to see chromies as an option and I'm also willing to pay for it?:roll:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mr Beggar:

I agree with you 100% on the poll....this was my very first post using the "poll" option, and I was unaware of how the computer tallies the results. I'm sorry :(

Zippy :) :)

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Absolutely!!

When I autocross I run my silver ZR1 wheels and they look great. CHROME Z06 or ZR1's are the nuts! WHen I sell my 17x9.5's I am getting the 11's for the rear. Think this pole is one sided eh??? :cheers:

·
Registered
695 Posts
I like the style of the wheels but would much prefer them polished/clear coated. In fact, I am going to have mine done as soon as I can give up the Z for a few days. Will have to pull the wheels, have the tires pulled off, then haul them in to the shop that does this (1 hour away), then wait a few days, go back in and get them, return here and have the tires re-mounted/balanced w/ the stick on weights. Sort of a PITA. I thought the shop doing this would peel tires/remount and balance...nope, gotta bring them in naked. My quote was $120/wheel. Only thing nice about the factory wheels is that they hide brake dust.

·
Registered
222 Posts
chromes all the way! Had mine chromed by the time my Z was a week old. The stock color is terrible. Actually, all my vettes hav had chromes.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'd pay for factory Chrome if I could in a second. I'd even trade in the heated mirrors for them. Heck I'm in California, what do I need heated mirrors. I only drive the thing in nice weather anyway. Oh..sorry, this is the chrome wheels thread, not the heated mirror thread... where's my head. :roll:

Would like some 19 / 20 HRE 547's or 541's but $6,000 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyone know of nice chromies for under $3,000 (not just Chromed OE knock offs).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts