• None

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's start by deciding which should be on the emblem. Hardtop or FRC. Z06 hardtop people are welcome to contribute, and also any ideas for a design. My opinion is that it should stay hardtop, because FRC means fixed roof coupe, however, GM refers to it as a hardtop, so is it also reflected on the window sticker and any time an article is written, its always called a hardtop.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I gotta tell ya' Father ... Hardtop may be more technically correct, but FRC sounds cooler!:D

If you don't believe me ... Try paging "Hardtop Tom"!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I like FRC...but I always think about my Good Bro FRC Tom when I hear those 3 letters 1st...I'm serious!:) :cool: Fubu/Les:cheers:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
FRC

How about some "early style" cross flags with the FRC underneath( kind of like they did the 283 or 327 under the flags).Might look good. Just another idea. ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
FRC. Has a ring to it. Makes you think. Made me think...

Anyway I just watched an FRC beat the a field of Z06s and Vipers at Mid Ohio on Speedvision. SCCA T1. All basically stock.

FRC kicked ass...

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Re: Re: FRC

fatherlarry said:

How about this look?
Maybe make the FRC as big as the Flag area( in height, and loose the 345. To much info for one emblem :-?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
FatherLarry,

Looks good the way it is. I'm sure it would look just as good with Baron's suggestion, or with the HP moved under the flags.

I Like it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Voted for FRC because "hardtop" is too long and also evokes memories of jeep hardtops (which are removable "hard tops"). Someone could think it means it is a vert with a solid removable roof.

Then again what do we care people think :p

I also like the emblem with the sweeping horizontal lines and the corvette emblem and the 345. Without 345 is ok as well... but I think it is better with it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IceSabre said:
Voted for FRC because "hardtop" is too long and also evokes memories of jeep hardtops (which are removable "hard tops"). Someone could think it means it is a vert with a solid removable roof.

Then again what do we care people think :p

I also like the emblem with the sweeping horizontal lines and the corvette emblem and the 345. Without 345 is ok as well... but I think it is better with it.
I agree with you that the 345 hp should stay. It is an impressive amount of hp, so why not state it on the emblem. Not only that, the heritage of the car is only for two years. And the only way to separate it is by the hp to distinguish from the Z06. Thanks all for your support. I would like to see some other designs, so maybe we all can vote. I'm sure you are all pretty creative.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
fatherlarry said:

I think HTP might be a good idea, because FRC still has coupe in it.
I thought that you might like that! I figured that... HTP 345HP.... is really saying what the car is, and I think HTP has a nice look to it.

carzzy

·
Registered
144 Posts
I went for some form of FRC because I think that might be more unique to the corvette. There have been hardtops since back in the fifties. I constantly have to advise people what FRC stands for...most rookies don't know. There may have been other cars designated as FRC but I don't remember any. I am for anything that will keep the Vette unique from other cars. Just my .02.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Looks good, but I like your first one better. I like the FRC 345HP then the C5 crossed flags. How about: HT 345HP C5 Flags
HTP 345HP " "
FRC 345HP " "

carzzy

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Looking good.

Looks good. I would still like it without the 345 and maybe end that side of the emblem just to the end of where the "4" ends. Either way, it will look good. :cool:

·
Registered
778 Posts
fatherlarry said:
I attached another perspective. This time on the car. It could say FRC or HTP.
Father Larry,

I hate to constantly be at odds with you, but what caught my attention was your original Z06 type emblem with the FRC and HP. After all, the FRC is the forerunner of the Z06!!!:cool:

I think it would be totally appropriate to keep the fender badges looking the same from a distance. I think it will eventually get out that there are differences in the badges, and that will draw attention , especially from the enthusiasts:cheers: .

Another Vote, hehehe?:roll:

Joe (Check my sig. to know where I'm coming from) :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 61 Posts