• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok heres the deal I think we should get #'s a list of names from all the ones on this site who have tranny/clucth problems with your Z. Maybe if we all get togther GM will be forced to take a look at the problem? What do you think?

sg

·
Registered
122 Posts
Should have included a "no problems with either" option.... Then you'd get a better sense of the extent of the problem....

:cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
New 03, 1200 miles. Tranny went out.

Being replaced with a brand new one. We'll see what happens next.

You got my vote for PROBLEMS!

If you need more info, send me a pm. Sucks not having my baby in working order.

·
Registered
191 Posts
No problems whatsoever, yet.....

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had to have the entire clutch assembly replaced due to a harmonic imbalance that was creating a vibration over 2500 RPM.

·
Registered
376 Posts
My 01 has been good. Only 5400 miles though, but knock on wood. I've had it since Aug. '00. The engine will probably fall out in the 37th month. LOL. :cool:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please those that have had problems send me your name, address, and issue with the tranns/clutch to:

[email protected]

I am going to try to get a list up and send it to GM - maybe that might get their attention.
I know theres far more tranny issues then earlier vettes.

sg

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Past C5's with clutch or tranny problems:

'99 Conv 6-speed= None.
Y2K Conv 6-speed=None.
'01 Z06 with 6-speed=None.
'02 Z06 with 6-speed=None.

Good idea to add "no problems" to the poll.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have a "problem" power shifting 3-4(grind). Since the dealer needs to "see" the problem. Should they "have" to go for a ride for the 100mph powershift?? Is this a catch 22 question? Ric

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
We have 6k with no problems and about 75+ 1/4 mile passes

PowerShifter said:
I have a "problem" power shifting 3-4(grind). Since the dealer needs to "see" the problem. Should they "have" to go for a ride for the 100mph powershift?? Is this a catch 22 question? Ric
:yeadog:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
'01> Clutch sticks to floor at WOT in all gears.

04/06/2001 Clutch replaced> 9200 miles.
10/15/2001 Clutch master cylinder replaced> 21,000 miles.
10/26/2001 Clutch master and slave cylinders replaced 23,000 miles.
01/22/2002 Clutch, throw out bearing, master and slave cylinders, input shaft, and torque tube replaced 27,000 miles.

It goes back to the dealer in the morning for, you guessed it a sticking clutch pedal. 36,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: '01> Clutch sticks to floor at WOT in all gears.

FRC Tom said:
04/06/2001 Clutch replaced> 9200 miles.
10/15/2001 Clutch master cylinder replaced> 21,000 miles.
10/26/2001 Clutch master and slave cylinders replaced 23,000 miles.
01/22/2002 Clutch, throw out bearing, master and slave cylinders, input shaft, and torque tube replaced 27,000 miles.

It goes back to the dealer in the morning for, you guessed it a sticking clutch pedal. 36,000 miles.
That is plain out rediculous. You have more patience than me-If that happens to me-- you guessed it- a 4 sale sign. I dont care how"great" the car is no car is worth that hassle.

sg

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree with Sg. I love this car, it makes me smile every time I lay eyes on it. But having all those damn problems, repeated problems at that, would drive me to drink! For sale it would go. Hopefully after my tranny is fixed, that'll be the end of it. Getting it back this Monday or Tuesday, will keep you guys updated.

Budajoe

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Budajoe said:
I agree with Sg. I love this car, it makes me smile every time I lay eyes on it. But having all those damn problems, repeated problems at that, would drive me to drink! For sale it would go. Hopefully after my tranny is fixed, that'll be the end of it. Getting it back this Monday or Tuesday, will keep you guys updated.

Budajoe
I wish you the best of luck. I hope I have no further major issues with mine either when I get it back. I cant wait to get on it once my break in period is over.
I have had my wish list of mods for 3 months now. I just need to get it back and wait and see how everything goes.

sg
:cheers: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.