• Somewhere in the middle.

Votes: 195 57.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
9,755 Posts
I like it somewhere in between. Relatively quiet at low RPM, with a muscular sound when you get on it.
My previous car was loud as hell, and quite frankly, I grew tired of it. It was no garage queen either - it was my DD.
Maybe we're just getting old Jub :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like exhausts that are pretty mellow just driving around, but wake the dead at WOT.

On my 1st Z06, I ran Magnaflows race exhaust (no mufflers), and it was WAY to loud for DDing. Sounded nice, but it started to make the interior rattle and fall apart from the vibrations. I switched to Magnaflows fully polished, full muffler kit and like that.

On my 03 Z06, I have another Magnaflow full kit again, although it is a little different from the 1st one. The problem is that it isnt very loud at WOT, I am currently looking for somthing with a little more bite.

BTW, Im 22 so there you have a young(er) persons opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
i vote for .."in the middle too"

borla loud.. yup..
i don't like .. LOUD loud.. or quiet..

so.. give me a button in the middle

·
21,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm starting to get dirty looks from people my age when I pull up to stop lights, etc. Also see them look at me, the car, and then they shake their heads and laugh. :( Of course all the young kids give me the :thumb:

It's beginning to do a number on me. :crazy:

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Hummmm, let me think about that one................:D :D :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wake the dead. I drove a member's car running straight pipes(Kooks w/o cats & the Loudmouth) and the X1 cam, that thing was LOUD. You couldnt carry on a conversation standing behind the car because it was that loud. It wasnt too loud, but the drone even at idle might've started to bother me eventually

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hey jub jub,
Good questions...my preferences are for the car to idle menacingly, (not too loud but enough to get the attention of those tuned-in), to accelerate at part-throttle with authority, (but not enough to cause the LEO to act), and really bark at WOT. Also want no drone at cruise-speed.

I had Borlas on my C5Z and they were a good compromise, just not quite loud enough at WOT. My C6Z is stock except the butterfly switch and it's OK for me now.

The first C6Z I heard run in anger was whosurdaddy at Summit Point...best sounding car on the track and he was stock except he'd pulled the fuse...so I'm guessing there's a big difference in sound between the driver and on-lookers.

What we really need is infinitely varaible sound, with remote control for the driver. For now, my butterfly switch will do.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm 19 yrs old and damn proud of it!

(Well, ok, I'm really 56) :lol:

I have LG Street long tubes, X-pipe, hi-flow cats and GHL Magnum quad tip. It's LOUD and I love it! I talked to my neighbors, (most are about my age) worrying that the "noise" might bother them in the morning and such, but they all say no problem, they LOVE the sound of the Z.

I get so many compliments about the exhaust - I've had people gesture for me to roll my window down at a light so they can tell me how good my exhaust sounds. Seems like the only one's who think it's too loud are really old people, and I can understand that. Heck, I might feel that way too in 20 or 30 yrs myself. :lol:

The over-all experience I have with the Z is much more enhanced because it just plain sounds badASS! I love that BAAARRRRAAAAP! sound it makes when I first start it up, and at WOT it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Yeah buddy! I mean, c'mon, I own this car because it's a muscle car. A well tuned exhaust is sweet, sweet music to my ears. :cool:

You "old guys" go ahead and worry about what the geriatrics think. When I get that kind of reaction, depending on my mood, I just might put it sideways in first and second just to give them something more to be pissed about. :rofl:

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
WHAT DID YOU SAY BOY?

I CAN'T HERE YOU!!!!!

I was running open headers for a couple of days last week!

I love Florida.

Some of my neighbors don't like it much, they can move if they want.

·
21,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UVETTYA said:
I'm 19 yrs old and damn proud of it!

(Well, ok, I'm really 56) :lol:

I have LG Street long tubes, X-pipe, hi-flow cats and GHL Magnum quad tip. It's LOUD and I love it! I talked to my neighbors, (most are about my age) worrying that the "noise" might bother them in the morning and such, but they all say no problem, they LOVE the sound of the Z.

I get so many compliments about the exhaust - I've had people gesture for me to roll my window down at a light so they can tell me how good my exhaust sounds. Seems like the only one's who think it's too loud are really old people, and I can understand that. Heck, I might feel that way too in 20 or 30 yrs myself. :lol:

The over-all experience I have with the Z is much more enhanced because it just plain sounds badASS! I love that BAAARRRRAAAAP! sound it makes when I first start it up, and at WOT it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Yeah buddy! I mean, c'mon, I own this car because it's a muscle car. A well tuned exhaust is sweet, sweet music to my ears. :cool:

You "old guys" go ahead and worry about what the geriatrics think. When I get that kind of reaction, depending on my mood, I just might put it sideways in first and second just to give them something more to be pissed about. :rofl:

That's what I like to hear! I'm 51 BTW and basically the same set-up you have except with Borlas. I do get a lot of positive compliments as well, especially from gear-heads and the younger crowd.

IVOZ06 said:
I was running open headers for a couple of days last week!

I love Florida.

Some of my neighbors don't like it much, they can move if they want.
:lol: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I voted "wake the dead". Any of you who have heard my car with the Corsa Ti's on it know what that means! :yeadog:
C'mon Jub, you're not getting old, hell, you are younger than me! IMO, the Z06 is a race car and should sound like one!
:guiness:

Jimbo

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
jub jub said:
I'm starting to get dirty looks from people my age when I pull up to stop lights, etc. Also see them look at me, the car, and then they shake their heads and laugh. :( Of course all the young kids give me the :thumb:

It's beginning to do a number on me. :crazy:
:cen: 'em Jub! When they shake their heads, just rev it louder! :coo:

I daily drive mine, so I don't want it extremely loud. I definitely wish mine was a little louder.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
"somewhere in the middle" for me.....I used to have a Loud Mouth on my LT1 fbody, and it woke the dead and caused many windows to be raised as I went by them :D

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
It depends on when you ask me... commuting to work sometimes I wish I had the stock Ti's on there vs. my Stingers. Cruising w/ buddies on the weekend I wish I had my Borla straight pipes on it.

I've considered stock Ti's w/ dual cutouts for the best of both worlds.

However... for now I'll keep using the partition to manage my sound output. Keep it in during the week and yank it out on the weekends... it really does make a huge difference.

BTW I have Kooks LTs w/ cats and 2-tip stingers.

Oh... and I'm 25. My dad's 58 and loves his stock Z-16... that is until we're at VIR and he hears me come down thefront straight and realizes he can't even hear his!

1 - 20 of 135 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.