Votes: 195 57.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey jub what part of central GA are you from, Macon area? My father used to live in Dublin, and I went to High school there.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I lucked out when I bought my 03 Z last spring. The exhaust was already upgraded to a Borla system by the original owner. I find they are a nice compromise between stock and waking the dead. Much better than the straight pipes I had done on my C4 after the cats wore out and clogged my exhaust. Zombies = Pissed Off Neighbors!

Borlas have a nice sound under normal cruising conditions and roars like a beast at WOT. (OK I'll admit, I had to take a minute to think about what WOT meant. Wide Open Throttle, right?) So at first, I wasn't sure if I wanted it to be as loud when my foot was in it due to all the attention so I bought very early pull stock titanium Z06 exhaust system which now sits in my garage waiting for the age where they say "If it's too loud, you're too old."

I will confess that I use my Borlas instead of my horn to get these people who text on their phones at red lights to pull their heads out when the light turns green. The other habits I have acquired are upshifting whenever I see the law and downshifting when passing slow pokes on their cell phones.

For the most part, Borlas keep my driving on the conservative side around town. I’m already stretching my luck with the law with dark window tint and smoked out lights, I don’t need my exhaust to be the reason that grabs the attention of the law. I also know with my luck though, one day I'll pass the law while they are talking on their cell phone. Until then, the Borlas are fine. :sneaky:

For now, the only reason I could see going back to a quiet stock setup would be to be able to put my foot in it around town or when I get to that age where if I act it, I might drop dead.

I like the remote mild to wild switch idea but I think I'll save it for my next Z. :yeadog:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2008 z06 currently stock exhaust, but I would eventually like to get something that is a little bit louder than stock. My other cars all had modified exhausts and personally I love to hear the sound when I rev the engine.

I modified both my WRX and my Evo IX and love the louder exhaust I just hate getting pulled over and lectured about it, but I guess I really should count my blessings that I've never gotten a fix it ticket for tint or exhaust or any other mods to my cars in the past.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I live in Warner Robins. Be glad you don't live there now!
Yeah I know, that's what I keep hearing. Fortunately after College Atlanta was the place to be. I have a couple buddies who work at the Warner Robins airbase ... mostly civilian contractors. I hear that base is getting pretty big and busy. Must be bringing a lot of people there.

·
21,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Yeah I know, that's what I keep hearing. Fortunately after College Atlanta was the place to be. I have a couple buddies who work at the Warner Robins airbase ... mostly civilian contractors. I hear that base is getting pretty big and busy. Must be bringing a lot of people there.
There seems to be plenty of work to go around in WR, especially for professionals. I work for a contractor and we get a lot of work from the base so I'm safe, for now anyways. Macon on the other hand, is experiencing a down-turn. People are leaving in droves. It's kind of sad really. I always felt Macon had a lot of potential, and maybe it still does but, it's going to take a drastic change of some sort.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont own a Vett Yet but Have had cars with Wake Dead exhaust and still do
87 Irock Z 5.7 TPI Hooker comp headers no cats 3 inch pipes just under (behind) the rocker extensions 4 dynomax ceramic pack bullets exiting in front of the rear whels with 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 oval pipe at a 60 degree angle very deep rumble at idle and pull you over loud at any speed everyone loves the sound except the cops
74 Plmouth Duster 360 Hp block pretty much the same setup
I would die to own a New Z06 with the ZR1 exhaust or the new BB that retains the butterflys

Road trips in the Irock or the duster will rattle your brain especially with the t tops out
and these rides get enough attention without waking the dead

so put me in the middle too (I might be getting old too 41)
Wow almost 2 years and this thread is still going,

Don"t have the IROC or the Duster anymore,
Kinda of miss setting car alarms off though
Still dreaming of a Z06

Middle of the road

It has to sound RIGHT

·
21,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
It's been 11 years since the last post! Time really does fly!

As an update, I've grown old a senile and my newest vette has quiet mufflers and I like it just fine. I can play music now. I like music. :lol:

121 - 135 of 135 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.