Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
No Allegiance

Am going to RP next change, just to see if the slight usage goes BYE BYE......as it has for others that switched..........

Some dudes, that were using 1Qt, per 1500/2500 miles, are reporting usage went to ZERO..............we'll see.......

Worth a try, and it's good stuff, and it will be easier to see on the stick:D :D

Meets GM 4718M, and that's godd enough for me............;)

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Target around here sells Mobil 1 every day for $3.00 a qt. So the Redline and others are not worth paying 2x the price IMO

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Goin Mobile

"Mobile 1"

Wasn't that a lyric in a Who song "goin Mobile"

I still have the factory fill Mobil 1 (doesn't have the "e" additive:lol: )

Think I am going Red Line soon though:)

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You need to add Pennzoil's Synthetic..............

It meets all GM and European specs, and certain dealer/installers on the "One to One" program can offer you a LIFETIME warranty on your engine.

That's right I said LIFETIME!!!!! :eek:

It is a fairly new program, and somer Jiffy Lubes are offering it.

I will be offering it in 30 days at my business

FYI!!!!:D

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Re: ZOOOOOOOOOOO6

ZO6LS6 said:
Devil's in the details, give us de facts......................;)
I'm waiting for the "details" on the program, had an initial conversation with my Rep' yesterday, and he told me about the progam. The 'factoid" I know for sure is the vehicle has to have less than 36,000 miles on it, and "obviously Pennzoil must be used.....

Tell ya what, as soon as I have the program in hand, I will post the highlights for all to see. I'm certain there are restrictions on intervals, etc......there is never any free lunch.

Until then, :guiness:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Trying Redline next. This shit is expensive, hope it's worth it.:eek:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
If mine produced 800 RWHP, I would use Red Line and install a pre-oiler system.

:guiness: :guiness:

·
Registered
837 Posts
I switched to Royal Purple 5W30 at last oil change 300 miles ago.

Will see if it lives up to billing on reducing oil consumption. Mine has been consuming a quart of Mobile-1 every 800-950 miles, regardless of how the car is driven.

Ranger

·
Registered
576 Posts
Ranger said:
I switched to Royal Purple 5W30 at last oil change 300 miles ago.

Will see if it lives up to billing on reducing oil consumption. Mine has been consuming a quart of Mobile-1 every 800-950 miles, regardless of how the car is driven.

Ranger
I am in the same boat and will be eager to hear the results.

GOLD72 :cheers:

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have the pre-oiler already picked out, should I get that 800 HP engine. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have been using royal purple 10w 30 and have noticed a stop in the oil consumption, i was going thru a lt. every 1000-1500km and have noticed the consumption has stopped. i do find the running temp a bit cooler, not much.

·
Registered
384 Posts
A recent aritcle in a Hot rod type magazine claimed a 7HP gain using Royal Purple compared to standard oil on a 495 HP small block chev.

I would imagine that the Mobil 1 oil would offer a similar gain to the standard oil?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I use Mobil 1 in my Z. For what it is worth I switched to Red Line when I was road racing go karts. Their 2-cycle oil worked great in our 15,000 RPM 2-cycle engines. :eek:

Terry :z:

·
Registered
755 Posts
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS???????? FILE THE LEMON LAW ON THOSE OIL BURNING PILES OF JUNK AND GET A NEW ONE. I DID AND MY 02 EB/Z06 HAS NOT USED ONE DROP OF OIL. I DRIVE THE CAR EVERYDAY, AND SHE IS SWEEEEEEEEET.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts