Corvette Z06 Forum banner

How would you rate your Museum Delivery experience??

• AWESOME, wouldn't do it any other way!

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Was fun, but didn't overwhelm me

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Was a hassle to coordinate, and not much fun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Total waste of time and money! Never again!

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to hear your experiences from your Museum Deliveries. Good, bad, advantages, disadvantages. Travel tips, how much lead time did you have, hassles etc..........:D

We might go this way, and take Rt 66 home! We'll see:yeadog:

Thanks for your time!!!

Win

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Terrific.

Check out My museum delivery story, by clicking on the link in my sig :) I wouldn't pick up a new vette any other way :)

I'm curious as to why didn't like it - I already see one unhappy voter :(

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Just do it. Not only is it a great experience, your car goes through a greatly enhanced quality check process before you get it...

·
Registered
0 Posts
I think it's the only way to fly!! :yeadog: Not to mention that we record your experience and place it in the Media Clips section. :D

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I did not have it done because my car was to be delivered in February, but next time I will time it so that I can do this, from everyone I've spoken with it is the only way to go...

Mark

·
Registered
176 Posts
Great experience!! Try to stay at the 1869 bed and breakfast. It is owned by Wendel Strode, head of the museum.

Could not find an airline that flew into Bowling Green so we flew into Nashville and rented a car from National. Drove to the museum and they took care of the car check in.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I second the 1869 Homestead B&B - been there, done that - will do it again the next time I take a Museum Delivery..

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
What an experience. I thought it wouldn't be as neat since I had already been there and toured it all, and also because plant tours were suspended two days before I picked up the car.
Well, I have never had that much fun! It was great.

As for tips. I am lucky enough to have Houston, San Antonio, and Austin all within three hours of me. I found two one way tickets from SAT to Nashville for a grand total of $99 (go SW Airlines!). They were cheaper out of Austin, but my sister lives in SAT so I had a place to keep the car we drove down in.
We stayed in BG on the cheap at the Motel 6. Didn't do anything to diminish the fun. Great trip.

Took the scenic route back home to TX. I had never seen the fall colors before (we only have brown and green here) so it was great. weather.com has scenic drives on it. Pretty neat.
Too bad it was pitch black by 5 in KY. That put a damper on our driving since we wanted to do the scenic parts when we could actually see. Oh well.

The only way to go! I have some pics up on my web page at the bottom.

chris

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Ask for Adam Boca if you opt for Museum delivery.

Even though I hven't done R8C yet, I plan to and can't wait!

You'll be glad you did!

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I did it and also wouldn't do it any other way.... :cool:

You get treated like a king and at the same time, you are supporting the NCM. What could be better? :)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
AgentZ06 said:
I did it and also wouldn't do it any other way.... :cool:

You get treated like a king and at the same time, you are supporting the NCM. What could be better? :)
Chris, you had museum delivery ? really ? :lol: It was nice of you to share your delivery with all those friends :) Thanks for inviting me :)

As Zippy said, request Adam Boca. If he's unavailable, ask for Karen :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Its not cheap; but it is worth every penny of it! I did it just to say I had done it once and to see what it was like...bad ideal! Because now I will want to do it for every new Vette in my future (this was my 5th new Vette but 1st R8C). It is the one option I will get from now on for sure. They really treat you right and will make taking possession of the beast a very memorable time! Ask for Adam and buckle your seatbelt!

Chuck

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
I had originally signed up to take the museum delivery, but opted out because I rec'd my car in the late winter and did not want to drive it back to Denver in bad weather. :( :roll:

I will not miss out on my C6 delivery!!!
:D :)

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Guys:

I have yet to get my first corvette. Been saving for a while. A 2003 model looks like it may be possible.

Ever since I heard of museum delivery, I know I wanted it.
I hope its as much fun as you all say it is !! Sounds like a blast.

They also give you lots of other information like build sheet...etc... right?

What else do you get, that you don't from a normal dealer delivery?

Z49Z06

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GNX Guy said:
Gee, I wonder how I would vote????

Check this site for your answer

www.hbscomputers.com/z06

Joe

Hey Joe,

Sounds like thew whole experience really sucked:lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the great tales from your trip, I really envy you guys that are close enough to go see your car on the production line!

Regards,

Win

·
Registered
144 Posts
You won't get your build sheet at delivery time unless you are able to get it from the factory as it comes down the line. Otherwise you can order a copy of the build sheet from the museum after the end of the production year. You will get your window sticker (and they will laminate it for you if you want). You will get NCM membership documentation, and later on you will receive nice wooden placque with your delivery info attached to it. You will also get the computer generated color poster display with your name on it that is placed by your Vette to tell everybody whose vette it is. They will offer you some member/delivery apparel you can buy if you want (shirt & jacket I think). Of course since it includes NCM membership you can 10% discount on anything in the souviner shop. And also you will come away with a brand spanking new CORVETTE of course presuming you have proof you paid for it! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Z49 - what else do you get that you don't get at the dealership? Well one thing is as I mentioned earlier, you get a much higher degree of quality control which in of itself for me, was worth the price. You get an opportunity to take a very personalized tour of the plant and talk to some of the folks that built your car (if they are on break). We talked to them and experienced first hand the pride they take in what they do. We were also surprised at their interest in us - what model did we get, how many Corvettes have we had, what did we think about what we saw? You get an opportunity to start a new Corvette right off the line - my wife, who is not a big car person, did this and was thrilled.

IMHO, everyone who buys Corvettes should do this at least once.

·
Registered
572 Posts
For the two guys that didn't like the delivery, I'm kind of curious as to why. I know if I could get this(not available in Canada) I would do it in an instant. I'm sure many of us would like to know what you consider the down side....:-?

·
Registered
666 Posts
SIGH..........

I really wanted a museum delivery, had one scheduled for late April but when $2002 reabate came decided that was a better deal. So I had my dealer (Corvetteseller) use a Jan. allocation spot he had with courtsey drop ship delivery. Sounds like a great experience, but didn't want to drive car home to Denver in middle of winter.

Oh well, maybe for the C6!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts