Votes: 5 0.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Wind noise from driver side weatherstripping-fixed by me.

Passenger side running light went out twice-fixed by dealer.

Ignition would not read key, could not turn key in cylinder-fixed by dealer (this was a PITA, I have an A4 and my little brother had to crawl underneath the rear of the car and disconnect linkage just to be able to have it towed)

All in all, best car I ever owned. Jap cars are NOT more reliable, had plenty of big trouble with a Honda Accord and a Nissan pickup. No big trouble with three Corvettes.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
02 Z06 40k miles, DD

ABS module went out right after 36k miles so that burnt a $1k hole in my pocket.

Burns a quart of oil every 800 miles.

Got it stuck in 4th gear a few times, bad dog keys and possibly alum shift fork.

Popping seat, replaced with sparco seat.

I was wise enough to heed everyone's warning and install a CLB before mine locked up.

Ive had electrical issues galore, a few of them I got my self into with the replacement and relocation of the stock battery for a lightweight drycell to the trunk.

I had both the driver side and passenger side window not respond for extended periods of time, I went in and swapped the door control modules around and it didnt cure it. Eventually the problem went away on its own.

Reall other than that its an awesome car, the way it sits now Im pulling 1.27 G lateral, getting 26 mph fwy/20 combined, I recently ran a [email protected] with a 2.1 60 ft making 415/400 rw NA on 91 octane.

Its a good way to go if you want a brutal commuter car, problem is with the exception of the occasional exotic or built stang NO ONE will step to you on the street.

And its pretty light, you can add power to anything but taking weight away is another story. It tips the scales as is at 3090 with a full tank, about 3030 with half a tank which is the most I run. Ive ditched about 40 lbs of weight with a few tricks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
problem (rering) fixed to my satisfaction. new ls-6 dealership installed. great dealership customer service dept.
z is still amazing!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hard for me to vote as I track dayed the car for 1 year, amny events, and am now road racing it, 2nd season.

I have had to replace clutch, rebuild trans, BPMV. Some of this was after having all the right coolers, etc.

Overall, the electrics are a little dicey, and it could have been more robust for track, given that one can't drive the car to it's capabilities at all on the street without endangering oneself and the public..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: PLEASE review and take this poll (I asked nicely!)

My third Vette, It is really tough to explain the fun and overall satisfaction that I have when I drive my Z. It is a 2004 Commemorative Z-16

·
Registered
543 Posts
I did not buy mine new but with 12k miles and from a dealers lot. The car seems to work fine in every respect. I have added almost 4k miles in the 2 months I have owned the car. I do not forsee any problems coming anytime soon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I purchased my Z new in September of 2006. It currently has 12,500 miles. The only problem I've had thus far has been the mass airflow sensor had to be replaced. It developed the "shifter rattle" problem, but that will be taken care of when it comes out of storage in the Spring.

The car is mainly used for travel and enjoyment on personal trips or with my club, with the ocassional autocross or track day thrown in there for good measure! :yeadog:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have had mine for about 6 months blew one engin so far due to a bad tune :mad:. Since the engin was modded on warranty.
Got it back last week, got my fingers crossed. :mug:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had 3 vettes . A 96 rubber across the top had to replace twice had 5 years. 2001 No problems had 4 years. 2009 Z06 had 1 1/2 years 1300 miles no problems yet and I drive it hard knock on wood Ha!:lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very happy with my 04. I use it like it was built to drive but don't abuse it. Have 62k and still going strong. Hardest part is getting someone to watch the kids so the wife and I can go out for a cruise. :)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Very happy with my 04. I use it like it was built to drive but don't abuse it. Have 62k and still going strong. Hardest part is getting someone to watch the kids so the wife and I can go out for a cruise. :)
I saw an 04 just like yours this week between Hickory and Lenore on 321.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have not had mine too long but did drive it about 2000 miles on its maiden voyage
I had no problems and looking at the Vehicle history of the car before I purchased,
It had the roof recall and it looks as if there was a instrument panel trim replaced
That is it. C6Z Stock, My seat does not always keep its memory when I start the car
not sure why. my previous C6 3LT coupe no issues.
I do not race my Z but do like the to drive the car

101 - 120 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.