• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Re: what intake do you have?

Still running the stocker at this point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went blackwing because I heard so many good things about it and most important no modifacation done to car.I do feel a differnce over stock with drop in K & N.Not bad looking either,also added intake bridge.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Re: what intake do you have?

Vararam VR1B (old style) with K&N filter,,,works great! :yeadog:

Vararam VR1B (old style) with the original foam filter. Called Vararam the other day to get a new filter and they have a great deal for those with the old style. They will provide a new TB side top that fits there new pleated filter and the filter, for around $100.00.:thumb:

·
Registered
955 Posts
A modified the stock system. I use a K&N filter instead of the stock filter. I dramatically enlarged the intake hole into the box but still kept the structural components of the box so that I can keep all the attachments.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was wondering what intake do you have for your z06 and why?
:z:
I had a K & N FIPK, Diablosport Predator and Bassanni Exhaust on my last two vehicles. Even though they were Fords, the combos worked very well for me. I always netted 10% increase in MPGs and 15-20% increase in rwhp. I will probably stick to the same combo on my Z06! Any comments from my more experienced Vette comrades? :coo:

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I've got the K&N FIPK on my '04 LS1 vert. The seat of the pants dyno says that it is working well. Bought it mostly on reputation 4 years ago. I really like the way they get the cold air in. Very clean. Z16 is still stock

:jammin:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got the K&N FIPK on my '04 LS1 vert. The seat of the pants dyno says that it is working well. Bought it mostly on reputation 4 years ago. I really like the way they get the cold air in. Very clean. Z16 is still stock

:jammin:
:sneaky: I favor any FIPK that allows for dyno checking the results. One of the kits said I could not check it on the dyno because the car had to be riving on the road to test it. :screwy:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Have not had any problems with "stock"....yea, everybody believes that the after market filter they are running "Helps"....BUT this is why this is a great forum, there are not 2 ZO6's alike!!!!....AND of course mine is the BEST!!!!!!!! hahaha
"Never too much horsepower"
Jim

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.