Votes: 113 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
GY F1's ... are those those horrible noisy hard Run Flats ?
No. F-1 Supercars are the Z06 OE tire and they are non-runflat for weight savings (approx. 22 lbs. ea. fronts). They are not noisy until they get down to just short of the wear bars.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I wanted to say thanks to rct for posting this survey thread and to all those who replied with comments. After finally wearing out the original rear GY F1s about two months ago, I had put in my order for replacements.

A little off topic but in regards to another topic here, I have to agree with cold weather spin. I first noticed this last fall when getting on the interstate on-ramp in second gear at about 30 MPH then stomping on it and having them break loose. Needless to say, it doesn’t take long to get down to the wear marks here in Colderado. Best to keep an extra set of underwear in the glove box if you’re going to drive your Z in cold weather!

So back to topic, so after reading all the great feedback, I pulled the trigger on new F1 rears thinking I had plenty of tread left on the fronts.

Now for the kicker.
Since I had bought new black rims a few months earlier, I had to verify they fit the car prior to mounting the tires. So my tire guy pulls one side of the car’s tires off. Low and behold, there was an inch of cord showing on the inside of the right front. Turns out, both fronts had an inch wide of cords showing on the inside. These tires are so wide, one really has to get up under the car to see this kind of wear. So, after my heart started beating again, I immediately had my tire guy go and order the front F1s. A while later after limping my car back home on bad tires, I get a call. He tells me the F1 17 inch fronts are on national back order. Great! Here I am with 4 brand new rims and two brand new rear F1s ready to be mounted with no fronts!

Thankfully after reading this thread and not wanting to wait to drive my car again, I went ahead and had him order all 4 Michelin PS2 tires. Again, thanks for the feedback! I have been driving on these for about a month now, and I have to admit, they are pretty damn good not to mention cheaper in price. I’m not a track star, but they seem to handle very well, even in cold weather. No more underwear changes!

Final note: I did not want to pay the return shipping cost on the rear F1s. I am still waiting for the fronts to arrive to have them mounted on my original rims. I hope to be able to compare the two and give additional feedback to this topic for anyone who is contemplating like I was about going with different tires other than OE F1s that were made for Z06.

Sorry for the long winded post. Anyone who has read any of my other post knows I like to ramble on...and on... OK enough, I'll shut up and drive!

141 - 144 of 144 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.