• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST wondering whats the fastest you guys have ever went before. I have done 140 before and that sure did seemed plenty fast enough for me but of course that was in a 98 trans am (JUNK) I havent took the vert past 120 yet :-? anyways how fast have you gone???

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YAH REALLY 190 YOU WOULD ALMOST HAVE TO BE ON SALT FLATS OR SOMETHING

·
Registered
0 Posts
180 in the 1/4 mile!! :eek: But not in a Z06. :(

I did take a 165 MPH blast a couple of years ago with Chris Lee of CF outside of Boston. Scared the crapola out of me!! I looked at him and said, "You've impressed the hell out of me, now you can slow this SOB down!!" Had to clean my drawers after that ride. :lol:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
155,156, ...wasn't looking that close(if you know what I mean:eek: )

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
The fastest that I have ever gone in a car was with my '02 Z just after the 500 mile break in......167MPH, it was still climbing, but I saw cars up ahead and shut it down. What amazed me, was how fast it got to that speed, especially with a "green engine"

carzzy

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
99CORVETTEGUY said:
HOW DOES A VETTE HANDLE AT 160+++ ?????
The car handled great at that speed, although the front end felt a little light. The road was not the smoothest and was more curvvy than I remembered it in the past, at 100MPH less speed.

carzzy

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Re: Whats The Fastest You Guys Have Ever Went?

99CORVETTEGUY said:
JUST wondering whats the fastest you guys have ever went before. I have done 140 before and that sure did seemed plenty fast enough for me but of course that was in a 98 trans am (JUNK) I havent took the vert past 120 yet :-? anyways how fast have you gone???
Just a little advice........take it easy with the car......it is not worth losing your license or worse......trying to find top speed on public roads. Here is a picture of my first Vette at age 18 on my way to a top speed run. I am lucky to be here today.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Did 175 in my modded '87 IROC. I shut her down before she topped out, the rear end lift scarred the HELL out of me.

I've had the Z to 155 or so, it was no big deal, felt nice and stable. The body wasn't makin weird noises or shaking or anything.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Did 185 mph in buddies 2001 M5. It has some Dinan mods and very fast. This was done just south of the Strip one Sunday morning last year.:eek:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is sooo tempting to press a car sutch as a corvette to its limits but i really have been really good about the hole speed thing havent got pulled over yet the spot that i did my 140 run was on a strech of e-way that there is no possible way that a cop could hide out anywere it was actually pretty scary doing 140 in that trans am the front end was shot the wheel was shakeing pretty good and i had bad tires glad i got the vert now and im not 18 any more i turned 19 today

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
180 plus on my motorcycle here in the UP. Many of our good roads have very little traffic, so you go as fast as you like. But watch out for people pulling out of driveways (hard for them to gauge your distance at those speeds) and those pesky deer and moose that think they own the road.:D

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
135 in a porsche 86 911 carerra ...whale tale.. sunroof ..white... black leather..very pretty car..
i was running a buddy's mitsu..vr4 twin turbo allwheel drive .all wheel steering.. it was right with me..
3 am on the interstate..

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
99CORVETTEGUY said:
It is sooo tempting to press a car sutch as a corvette to its limits but i really have been really good about the hole speed thing havent got pulled over yet the spot that i did my 140 run was on a strech of e-way that there is no possible way that a cop could hide out anywere it was actually pretty scary doing 140 in that trans am the front end was shot the wheel was shakeing pretty good and i had bad tires glad i got the vert now and im not 18 any more i turned 19 today
Man, you do NOT want to be doin anything like that in a car that isn't 100% right.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yah tell me about it i trashed that car front end was shot and the rear end was howling like you wouldnt belive I ended up selling the thing AS IS at the auction and ended up only loseing 67 bucks not bad for driveing the car for six months

1 - 20 of 508 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.