• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
COZO6 said:
Saw the STS on Horse Power TV. Anyone using this system and how difficult was the install?

I have it on my C5 and my buddy has one on his C6. Takes the vette experience to the next level. Gota think of more reasons to run an errand.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Twin turbos are best.....even GM picked for ZR1
"Never too much horsepower"
Jim
Nope... ZR1 has a top-mounted, screw-type supercharger... no turbos there.

Seems that many vehicles from the US that are OEM packaged with power-adders are using top-mounted, screw-type blowers (vs. centrifugal blowers). Recent memory shows Pontiac using one on the GTP, Chevy with ZR1, Caddy with CTS-V, Ford with '03-04 Cobra, '99-04 Lightning, and '08-'11 GT500.

Ford is using turbos on the new Taurus SHO, and I think GM uses turbos on the Cobalt (maybe that is supercharged... I don't remember... don't keep up with that type of car much). Dodge Neon SRT-4 is turbocharged too.

The top-mounted, twin-screw type blowers are extremely easy to service and very, very reliable. They also have an extremely flat torque curve off idle to redline, and are easy to get past EPA certification due to emissions-friendly camshafts that can be used. Tough to beat in OEM configuration.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nope... ZR1 has a top-mounted, screw-type supercharger... no turbos there.

Seems that many vehicles from the US that are OEM packaged with power-adders are using top-mounted, screw-type blowers (vs. centrifugal blowers). Recent memory shows Pontiac using one on the GTP, Chevy with ZR1, Caddy with CTS-V, Ford with '03-04 Cobra, '99-04 Lightning, and '08-'11 GT500.

Ford is using turbos on the new Taurus SHO, and I think GM uses turbos on the Cobalt (maybe that is supercharged... I don't remember... don't keep up with that type of car much). Dodge Neon SRT-4 is turbocharged too.

The top-mounted, twin-screw type blowers are extremely easy to service and very, very reliable. They also have an extremely flat torque curve off idle to redline, and are easy to get past EPA certification due to emissions-friendly camshafts that can be used. Tough to beat in OEM configuration.
AMEN! My buddy has a 04' Z06 with a Kenne bell on it. It's a f**king beast! The torque is instant & insane. He is running 10 psi. boost & it is completly dependable. It pulls like a freight train to redline & feels like it could keep going. 584 whp. with the stock exhaust, heads & cam. I was impressed.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
yep... if KB had a kit for the '02-04 Z06s when I was ready to take the step for a Lingenfelter TT, I might have gone that route instead... would have saved some coin and would have run very similar times. Although, 5 yrs later, I am still extremely pleased with my LPE Stg 2 TT. :)

But KB makes very efficient blowers and they are very reliable. Glad to hear your buddy's car runs well... doesn't surprise me at all.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.