Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On August 19, 20 and 21st, the PDA will be running all of the courses at Pocono. On Saturday they will be doing a double in-field on the long course and on Sunday running it with just the single in-field.

Several of us will be going, at least for Sunday, to run our vettes. In this configuration, you can easily hit 150+ each lap and it is an experience that you will want to do a again and again. This track really allows you to get a good feel for the speed and acceleration these cars are capable of. :thumb:

The PDA group is very well run, with several driving level groups, to fit everyone's level of experience. They also have instructors available, who are more than willing to ride along and help.

If you are interested in going, just type PDA driving into google and it will be the first link that pops up. All of the information required to sign up and their rules/requirements are posted.

Also add your name to this link, so we can see who to keep an eye out for that day. Hope to see a good turnout of Z's!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Tom,

Thanks for posting this. I'm registering for Sunday the 21st long course event tomorrow. I know a bunch of other guys on the site indicated they wanted to try this, so come on...Dr. Ron, Robz, Z06-Dave, Thrlskr, Tom Fuscaldo, Bad Machine, Antivenom 447 and whoever else in the tri-state area that wants in on this. :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll be there , I'm always there , I run the Tech line !
www.pdadrivingschool.com

:jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Don Benson said:
Tom,

Thanks for posting this. I'm registering for Sunday the 21st long course event tomorrow. I know a bunch of other guys on the site indicated they wanted to try this, so come on...Dr. Ron, Robz, Z06-Dave, Thrlskr, Tom Fuscaldo, Bad Machine, Antivenom 447 and whoever else in the tri-state area that wants in on this. :thumb:

Don
Don, I sent you a pm on this. Tom, would I want/need to remove my newly installed ceramic pads from the fronts???
Ron

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dr.Ron said:
Don, I sent you a pm on this. Tom, would I want/need to remove my newly installed ceramic pads from the fronts???
Ron
Ron,
I would, you will get much better bite than from the ceramic's.
Tom

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Don Benson said:
Tom,

Don
Chris ECS where are you? Bad Machine? ;)

·
Registered
874 Posts
speedpup said:
Chris ECS where are you? Bad Machine? ;)
We will be there on Sunday, not sure about Friday or Saturday yet. Will be registered this week:thumb:
Anyone doing the Glen 7/18 and 7/19?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
Even for my beginner ass, would it be worth it/should I bother?
Ron
:yeadog: You must have dust for the track! :p

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dr.Ron said:
Even for my beginner ass, would it be worth it/should I bother?
Ron
Again, I would. On this track you get up to good speeds. The stock pads are much better and it is always good to have better brakes.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Bad Machine said:
Signed up for Pocono 8/21. :cheers:
I signed up Friday evening. Bill/Thrlskr stopped by my shore house on Saturday. He will definately be coming as well and will sign up this week. :thumb:

Come on you other guys...lets get signed up! :yeadog:

Don

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Don Benson said:
I signed up Friday evening. Bill/Thrlskr stopped by my shore house on Saturday. He will definately be coming as well and will sign up this week. :thumb:

Come on you other guys...lets get signed up! :yeadog:

Don
I signed up! I just need to send the check! Also,just debating whether to buy a new helmet for that day or try to get a loaner from Pocono.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just registered for the event...I guess it's now time to begin track preparations...

Are we going to caravan up to Pocono?

Bill

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
THRLSKR said:
Just registered for the event...I guess it's now time to begin track preparations...

Are we going to caravan up to Pocono?

Bill
Bill,

Caravaning sounds like a good plan. :thumb: We have 4 weeks to plan, so I'm sure we can make this happen.

Don

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don Benson said:
Bill,

Caravaning sounds like a good plan. :thumb: We have 4 weeks to plan, so I'm sure we can make this happen.

Don
I'll probably just meet you all up there, I have it down to under 1.5 hours from my house in the morning, running back roads - my tuneup before the track. :lol:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
I'm in for the caravan!
Ron
Ron's racing his Dodge Caravan?

Do I sign up on the website?
I'm in as soon as I find out how...

Dave

1 - 20 of 46 Posts