Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've been listenening to C-5 exhausts lately and they all seem to make a weird perculating sound at the mufflers. The best way I can describe it is like a muffled popping sound. Is this normal? When I first heard it at the race track, I thought there was something wrong with the guy's car. But now, a few months later, I've heard it on several cars, most appeared to be stock.

Any ideas? I sure hope my Z06 doesn't sound like that! :roll:

Thanks,

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Your Z will sound worse.......Sorry, but its normal.......and most of us think, quite cool :)

If you don't like this noise, wait till you get a load of all the other noises......

Face it, this is a noisy car.......Though the 02's seem a little bit quieter.....

JC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone determined a reason for this? Is it the positioning of the mufflers or the tailpipes?

Its definately going to take some getting used to. I'm from the crowd that thinks a '70 Chevelle 454 with duals sounds great!

Thanks for your help,
Mark

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes, they pop! Ain't it cool??? ;) I got my '02 Z06 a week ago and that's the way it sounds. It will get better with age. The '02's sound that way in part because they took the pups off the front. I'm glad they did because it saved me a lot of money to not have to install Corsa's. Get used to it and enjoy it!

·
Registered
291 Posts
The 2002 Z06 does have some beautiful popping, not near what the 2001 with the Corsa Indys have, but still a sweet sound, I love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts