Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a pc but don't know which one to buy, should I buy the 7446 at Lowe's for $109 or the one on the Adams site for $179. I understand that if i buy the one at Lowe's i still probably would need to order the pads from Adams which is $29.99. But his for $179 comes with everything. So guys, your the experts here, give me some advice

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
is that what you use to plug your porter in with ?

a ....porter cable. ?

LOL.. ok.. not funny ..

you will find plenty of waxers here to help you .. for real..

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
No disrespect to Adam but I'd go with the Lowe's price and use the $70 to buy some "state of the art" foam pads. I use the PC with GOOD pads and can't say enough about the results.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Excellent choices agentf1. Those pads and polish are my first choice as well.

Charlie

·
Registered
372 Posts
Try Autogeek for a comparison. PC includes 2 white, 1 orange, 1 grey, one superfine black, + the one that comes with the PC.

Tried mine with PC fusion on the white pad on a weathered Black Ws6, Outstandings results.

Also tried Z8 for the first time, I'm in LOVE.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Go for the best price on that one--the Lowe's PC will do you fine, just get good pads for it.

There are a lot of suppliers that have good pads, as you can see. I'm using Adam's pads and backing plate--don't forget that he's a supporting vendor of this site, AND you can get 10% off if you use Z06Vette as the discount promo code when ordering!

:z:

·
Registered
489 Posts
7224 vs 7336

Same polisher but the 7336 has a 6 oz counter weight vs the 5 oz in the 7224. If you use a 5" backing plate and the 6" polish pads the 5 oz weight is the best for proper balance and vibration free use. If you go with a 7.5" polishing pad you would want to go with the 7336 and the 6" counter weight. The counter weights cost $1.95 and can be purchased separately to allow you to move between either system if wish to do so.
The cost savings are so substantial on the 7336 at Lowes for the very same DA polisher that is the way I went and I would recommend you go.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Buy plenty of extra pads, my 7424 eats them like candy. I tend to ruin about 1 pad for every 2 polish jobs.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Just picked up a 7336 last [email protected] so I haven't tried it yet, But soon!

Peelin' Out
Ted

·
Registered
622 Posts
sherry said:
I am in the market for a pc but don't know which one to buy, should I buy the 7446 at Lowe's for $109 or the one on the Adams site for $179. I understand that if i buy the one at Lowe's i still probably would need to order the pads from Adams which is $29.99. But his for $179 comes with everything. So guys, your the experts here, give me some advice

I would suggest you get the pc as cheap as you can but buy the pads form http://www.properautocare.com/hi612infopaa.html

someone on this forum recommend them to me and they are great and no slinging. If Proper Auto Care is not a sponsor I am sure their is one that sells these pads.

Hope this helps

Greg

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just ordered my PC and detail kit from Adam's. Have heard a lot of good things about his detailing product's. Got 10% off as a member, no tax and no shipping charge. Add up what you get from Adams with discount and then go shopping and see what it all adds up to. Also Adam's is a supporting vendor, which helps us all :yeadog: Going to try all this on my 03 TR Z06 :jammin:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
UVETTYA said:
I just looked at that site and there are a lot of different pads. Which ones do you use/recommend? Tanks in advance. :cheers:
You need to read the description of each pad and determine which is best for you. You'll see that each color works a little differently. If your car is is real good shape as far as swirls and scratches go, the white pad is best. If the surface is a bit more "scuffed', you'll need the yellow pad. Go back and READ. You can always buy different ones and see which works best on YOUR particular surface. What works for me on my car may not be the best for you on your car.

Charlie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts