Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I think it might be just slightly lower than that, we'll see. Where did you get this number from?

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Tony Skarbic said:
Possible base price for the C6 Z06 $66,449.00.
Tony,
I think you are very close. A good friend of mine in NJ has 3 on order, and his dealer told him that he was looking at
a bit under 200k for all 3 depending on what options he picks.
IMHO, no way GM is going to make the same mistake with this car that they did with the ZR1. We shall see. :bang:

·
Registered
179 Posts
A real quess. As from what I could get from the GM folks at the bar last weekend in Bowling Green. As pricing was still not totally dialed in.
This figure seems to be really close, please be true.
I still think the release of the 2006 Shelby GT500 price of 40K has a sharpening of the pencil for the 2006 Z06 price of which would've been released at Bowling Green a coupla days ago.
So like all in line, stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I e-mailed Rick Danials yesterday and asked if i could get a radio delete, AC, defrost etc. Like the old corvette racing L88's came.He said the basic Z06 will have all these items as before for about low $70s.

I don't think anyone knows and GM needs to sell some cars big time. Time is on our side. :jammin:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Actually, this pricing hogwash is industry-wide. I just took delivery of my awesome new BMW K1200S last week and didn't know the actual price until about a month ago.

Good luck all you C6Z lucky guys! :zboobie:

·
Registered
179 Posts
defender said:
Actually, this pricing hogwash is industry-wide. I just took delivery of my awesome new BMW K1200S last week and didn't know the actual price until about a month ago.

Good luck all you C6Z lucky guys! :zboobie:
You have excellent taste in bikes, had a Ducati 999s. Crashed it on Crest hwy a few months ago here in So Cal. So on my back up 1100 Kawa.
Still finishing up a real money pit, a '66 M21 4spd Chevelle with a 467 cu in alloy head rat engine. And mercifully will not bore any with the $$,000 that it is to make 650hp happen, and the ac will blow cold, guess thats the real kicker.
As awesome as this (aero brick) is would not have a chance against a bone stock 2006 Z06. Perhaps a drag race only if I had slicks.
A 3,800 lb muscle car with 15 X 8 Corvette Ralley wheels with a 255/60-15 Goodyear radial tire designed in 1980 vs the stuff a new Z has is a no brainer vs a 3100 lb 6.2lbs to 1hp state of the art wheel and tire combo with a hell of a lot less hp.
And better trans gears.
As a die hard hot rod guy, I so wan't this neat car.
So will wait to get the REAL bottom line $, number 8 at Connell Chevrolet in Santa Ana CA.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It doesen't make much difference. They are going to sell like Hot Cakes for the first 6 months, no matter what the cost. If the General comes in with a sane price the Dealers will gouge the hell out of us. :roll:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
IT L GO said:
It doesen't make much difference. They are going to sell like Hot Cakes for the first 6 months, no matter what the cost. If the General comes in the sane price the Dealers will gouge the hell out of us. :roll:
I don't know that I'd go quite that far. There will be a handful of people that will run out to buy the first ones off the line, but 6 months of blissful sales on a $70k+ Corvette is extremely optimistic to say the least. GM better dial this one in around $60k to knock sales out of the park.

·
Registered
240 Posts
possible price 62,999.00

·
Registered
54 Posts
IT L GO said:
It doesen't make much difference. They are going to sell like Hot Cakes for the first 6 months, no matter what the cost. If the General comes in with a sane price the Dealers will gouge the hell out of us. :roll:
I have talked to two dealers close to me and they both make the claim that they will NOT go over MSRP. I know there are some that will but not here and I am sure there are more! Both of the two here had plenty of C6's waiting for a home on their lot also, one said that they sold like 60 vetts total last year and has 6 on the lot now!!

By the way, I like your tag IT, If you move out of Florida, I want it!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts