Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys... I recently purchased a 2007 Z06 and have reason to beleive most of the panels on the car have been repainted due to non-uniform textures (orange peel) and a paint run in the rear quarter. The owner I purchased it from told me the car was never involved in an accident. Could someone please help me with my curiousity and run a VIN check and email the results to [email protected]? Maybe somebody out there with a membership of this service? Guess I should of done this prior to purchasing... oh well, live and learn!
My VIN # is
1G1YY26E875105434

Much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I ran a carfax on the car. It was sold at Manheim Auto Auction in California before you bought it.

That is the only thing that seems out of the ordinary. Manheim is the largest wholesale car network, but still some crazy things can happen at the auction, such as stolen radios, bent wheels, stolen shift knobs, etc. There could have been some damage at the auction that was covered up possibly. Stuff like that won't get reported on carfax.

We had a car come in at our dealership recently that had been completed repainted. (2008 911 turbo cabriolet). This was a one owner 25K mile car with all the records, and no records of paintwork. It was determined that it was damaged at the port when the vehicle was exported from Germany back in 2008. I know this is a drastic example, but somewhat similiar.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I appreciate your time and effort running the carfax. It puts my mind at ease knowing the Title is clear. Interesting that it sold at an auction since the seller told me he was the second owner. Do you know how these relatively high end cars end up at auctions??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts