Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Always a fan of Corvette's, just never bought one. That could change this week! There is a dealer in Pittsurgh with an 08 z06 giving me solid trade in money for my terminator. It has a cam and full length headers. It also has an air fuel meter. I had them send me pics of the heads and I see ARP bolts. Could I bother anyone on here to take a look at the car and provide feedback? Thanks! Car is at LW automotive.

·
Registered
286 Posts
A few thoughts come to mind, if the motor has ARP head bolts, the heads have been off and maybe they have had the exhaust valves replaced? Who knows but the person that traded, or sold them the car may have the paperwork for the work that was done. It would be nice to have that document for future reference if you need to make any repairs. You might also want to get the cam card specs.
Hopefully the car has been tuned by someone that knows what they are doing, otherwise you will find that the changes made are not working to anywhere their full potential, and may even be hurting overall performance vs stock.
Long tube headers are nice but does the car still have it's cats? If not what are the emissions laws in PA? If the cats are still there be sure they haven't been gutted and turned off at the ECM. If you have to put the cats back on to pass emissions you will find out the the bill to fix these mods is going to be quite expensive.
Last I don't know what good an AFR meter is at this point. Your ECM is traking the AFR anyway, if how ever the AFR meter is showing way rich or lean when you are driving in normal conditions then I would say that the tune that has been put into the car from these modifications is probably crap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few thoughts come to mind, if the motor has ARP head bolts, the heads have been off and maybe they have had the exhaust valves replaced? Who knows but the person that traded, or sold them the car may have the paperwork for the work that was done. It would be nice to have that document for future reference if you need to make any repairs. You might also want to get the cam card specs.
Hopefully the car has been tuned by someone that knows what they are doing, otherwise you will find that the changes made are not working to anywhere their full potential, and may even be hurting overall performance vs stock.
Long tube headers are nice but does the car still have it's cats? If not what are the emissions laws in PA? If the cats are still there be sure they haven't been gutted and turned off at the ECM. If you have to put the cats back on to pass emissions you will find out the the bill to fix these mods is going to be quite expensive.
Last I don't know what good an AFR meter is at this point. Your ECM is traking the AFR anyway, if how ever the AFR meter is showing way rich or lean when you are driving in normal conditions then I would say that the tune that has been put into the car from these modifications is probably crap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for taking the time to reply, with some good insight. There is a running video of the car on their website and of course it sounds good to me! This deal is almost done. I just need to make a move or not.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts