Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Two Raptor shift lights.

One I have set at 5500 rpm, and another at 6300 rpm.

I more often than not, shift at 5500 rpm, but at the track, and when required.....

And b/c of the darkened part of the windshield, the lights are nearly undetectable form the outside.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I have the Harlan...it's set at 6200...I have my red-line at 6800...plenty of time to shift. You can't see it from the outside and it works great. If you've seen the video on HPD...you know how it looks when it's on. :coo:

·
Registered
106 Posts
tlaselva said:
Two Raptor shift lights.

One I have set at 5500 rpm, and another at 6300 rpm.

I more often than not, shift at 5500 rpm, but at the track, and when required.....

And b/c of the darkened part of the windshield, the lights are nearly undetectable form the outside.

Did you screw the raptor bracket to the A-pillar or velcro?

DROID

·
Registered
422 Posts
FYI I tried velco and double sided tape for my Raptor, with the A pillar being vinyl and not solid plastic it does not work well, the best thing to use is a small screw.... :thumb:

·
Registered
106 Posts
dheller1 said:
FYI I tried velco and double sided tape for my Raptor, with the A pillar being vinyl and not solid plastic it does not work well, the best thing to use is a small screw.... :thumb:
I've got mine on the pillar but down low near the dash. I have been thinking of putting it higher. Did you ever try it down low?

DROID

·
Registered
967 Posts
droid said:
Did you screw the raptor bracket to the A-pillar or velcro?
DROID
Drilled a small hole, and used a small nut & bolt.
I used two bolts, to hold it tight.
But not tight enough that I can't make small adjustments to the angle of the light.

Figured the pillar cover isn't expensive enough that replacing it would be a big deal..... :ity:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Mine's a Harlan, in a custom billet mount on the flat side of the A-pillar:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
DJWorm said:
I have Nology's SSL-RS. For the ultimate HUD, I have them mounted inside my helmet !! They are operator programmable.

www.nology.com/shiftlight.html

Oh Pat... I think the kids want to buy me this for Mothers day :sneaky:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Installed the Raptor, on the steering column.

You can't miss it when it goes off!!

Steve

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
:D
smithsc said:
Installed the Raptor, on the steering column.

You can't miss it when it goes off!!

Steve

Steve,

I like the looks of your set up! Where did you get it, and how did you install the Raptor on the column (velcro?) What do you have it set at? Also, is it the red Raptor? Thanks.

Bob

·
Registered
654 Posts
Just curious but the HUD has a built in shift light right ? Is it crappy or what ? And what should it be set too ? I've hit the limiter a few times especially early on.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Harlan shift light/velcro/6400

·
Registered
895 Posts
rpallas said:
:D

Steve,

I like the looks of your set up! Where did you get it, and how did you install the Raptor on the column (velcro?) What do you have it set at? Also, is it the red Raptor? Thanks.

Bob
It is the (red) Raptor shift light. I got it from one of the vendors on the right, don't remember which one.

I actually used a small screw to mount the bracket on the column. Velcro would probably work. I have it set at 6600, but I also have my rev limiter reset to 6800.

Steve

1 - 19 of 19 Posts