Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frank,

Anything yet on when and where Chevrolet will be posting the weekly sequence numbers?

Roy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Pam at the plant to me to give her a call at the end of the week. So, I will call on Friday. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Can someone tell us, or point to a source that explains what all the sequence numbers mean? I keep seeing all these different numbers but have no idea what they mean /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

My EB Z is supposed to be built this week (8/13), but I can't find anything out about it ...

Thanks /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
As far as we can tell, the tracking numbers in themselves mean nothing. Rather they are a way of tracking the order through the system until the seq number is assigned for the cars assembly.

Or were you wanting the list of codes? If so, they are posted...do a search for '3100'

JC

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-08-15 19:38, ZeeOhSix spewed forth this drivel:
Can someone tell us, or point to a source that explains what all the sequence numbers mean? I keep seeing all these different numbers but have no idea what they mean /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

My EB Z is supposed to be built this week (8/13), but I can't find anything out about it ...

Thanks /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The sequence numbers show where the car is in the production sequence. My number is 5542. The car on the assemply line in front of mine will be 5541 and the one behind will be 5543. If you have a TPW and a sequence number you can find your car on the line. These numbers are independent of the car being a Vert, a Coupe, or a Z06. The factory builds about 150 total corvettes per day which means about 30 Z06s daily.
jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts