Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldnt find in search...here is the question.

I have 04 800 miles...Raced e55 other day and when shifting to 3rd power appeared to drop :bmad: I dont know how to explain just felt like the rpms there was a lag and than got stronger....Just want to know if this is a once in a blue moon issue or a problem with my car specifically...

any insights are always appreciated!

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Sounds like your AH/TC kicked in for a moment. Turn it off and see what happens. But be careful!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
You should always run your Z in the Competitive Mode and you won't have any reduced power problems......PLUS, it will save your life if the wheels break loose on you. :cool:

Bob

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
HRS1 said:
Couldnt find in search...here is the question.

I have 04 800 miles...Raced e55 other day and when shifting to 3rd power appeared to drop :bmad: I dont know how to explain just felt like the rpms there was a lag and than got stronger....Just want to know if this is a once in a blue moon issue or a problem with my car specifically...

any insights are always appreciated!
It was definately the traction control. Turn it off prior to racing. Comp mode, as mentioned above, is great advice. Be careful!
Ron
By the way, did you beat the E55?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it did feel like the traction control (like when going around corner fast) but no light came on and usually shifting to third this never happens...I rev this car out every chance I get :thumb:

we were dead flat even untill that happened and he was gone :flaming: ...I dont think a stock z will ever "spank" an e55 on a straight so your z must be modded...anyway thanks for the replies as I will always keep in competition mode from now until eternity.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Sure you didn't hit "5th" by mistake? It's happened to me...more than once. :blush: Feels like the "bottom" dropped out of the car. :yeadog:

Don

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
HRS1 said:
yes it did feel like the traction control (like when going around corner fast) but no light came on and usually shifting to third this never happens...I rev this car out every chance I get :thumb:

we were dead flat even untill that happened and he was gone :flaming: ...I dont think a stock z will ever "spank" an e55 on a straight so your z must be modded...anyway thanks for the replies as I will always keep in competition mode from now until eternity.
What speed did you start from and what gear were you in? A stock Z will pull an E55 from almost every roll unless you get caught at 50 in third!

·
Registered
390 Posts
another possibility is shift point.i noticed my car "bog" while racing a viper because i shifted too early.be sure to sure to shift as close to redline as possible to keep yourself in the power band.after i installed the raptor shift lite i found it easier to run the car to higher revs before tagging the limiter. :yeadog:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
definitely not 5th! I always crank rpms every day...the car doesnt get fun for me until after 4.5k rpms anyways...I have opposite problem with rev limitor..We were from a red light I only pulled a nose away in beginning than that car stayed right by my side..

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Try running with Traction Control turned off and Active Handling on. In other words in the Competitive Mode and see if that makes any difference. :z:

·
Banned
809 Posts
Run in Comp mode. It was the TC kicking in.

Sal

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks all...appreciate the help...now just wish a way to have competition mode default as always on!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Had enough with Traction Control? Sick of forgetting to put the car in Competition mode, or holding down that button for five seconds? Do you wish Chevrolet would have let you decide how the Traction Control or Active Handling systems are set when you start the car?

Well, you don't have to do it Chevrolet's way any more! The TracActive Controller from LapTrax puts the power in your hands, where it belongs.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The E55 will eat a stock Z06 from a rolling start at 50 and up. That is where the torque curve begins to flatten out. Trust me on this one, I know. There are few cars that can keep up from 75-150 mph.

·
Registered
407 Posts
This is true.
A stock Z06 from a standing start should be able to just beat an E55 to the 1/4 if the driver of the Z does his job. From 50-125 or so, the stock Z will loose

1 - 16 of 16 Posts