Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of replacing the stereo and speakers in my 2002 Z06. I will be hooking up three amps that I plan to mount on the shelf behind the seats. I can't find any place to get the 2 gauge power wire through the firewall.

Anyone that has done this please give me some advice as to where I should route the power wire. Also, where did you ground your subs?

I'm hoping to keep the entire install down to 60lbs ... I know some of you will probably bark at me for adding more weight but the payoff for the excellent sounds is worth it. I found a product called Low-E for sound deadening and I'm putting it on the floors, sides, and back ... It will only add two pounds total and it's also heat proof to 400 degrees ....

I will post pics when the project is completed.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I thought i was gonna run into the same problem. When i started looking around i found that the large grommet that holds the cars wiring harness directly behind the battery would strech enough to get the wires through. I was able to run 2 (4 ga) this way and if needed would prob be able to fit another. This should work for ya just fine plus there is no alterations done to the car.
check out my cardomain page...
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/655171

good luck with the install if ya have any questions feel free :z:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent you an email with addtional questions .... I'll put them here also in case you don't get it. Thanks again for your help.

Where did you ground your amps?

Did you glue the sound deadening to the car?

What route did you take for your power/speaker/signal cables?

Anything else tricky that I need to know about??

Thanks again for your help ....

·
Registered
70 Posts
LEFTYGOLFGUY said:
I found a product called Low-E for sound deadening and I'm putting it on the floors, sides, and back ... It will only add two pounds total and it's also heat proof to 400 degrees ....

I will post pics when the project is completed.

Thanks for any help.
Where can one find ths stuff?
Ive almost got all my stero equip. and im absorbing everything I can.

TIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts