Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 06 from TTS with the new programming installed. Depending on which RPM you use, power is up 6 - 9 HP. Steve commented that the factory did a pretty good job setting the PCM up. I have a Halltech with MAG installed. Car runs fantastic!!!!! My as* isn't sensitive enough, but I'll be heading out to the track real soon.

Tom E
Brea, Ca

·
Registered
345 Posts
Tom is this dyno tested or estimated by the vendor. Also is it a plug and play chip or do we send our computers in for someones soldering gun?

J

·
0 Posts
Tom E. Glad to hear that Steve put it together for you..

One question is..did the powerloader improve the ZO6 like it did for the yellow beast?

I know I wholeheartedly can say thanks Tom...I would never have installed the powerloader without speaking with you.

One of the best mods I've done!!

Save the wave!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just the fact that Steve felt that the factory programming was good is an indication that there isn't much untapped potential in the PCM for the Z06. Call me skeptic, but 6-9 hp is not an increase you can "feel" when there is already ~340 at the wheels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JB, I can't say the power was as noticeable as the Coupe, but it "seems" better. I am anxious to get to the track to see if my times improve.

Nice to hear from you!

Tom

J

·
0 Posts

On 2001-04-13 12:48, raj spewed forth this drivel:
Just the fact that Steve felt that the factory programming was good is an indication that there isn't much untapped potential in the PCM for the Z06. Call me skeptic, but 6-9 hp is not an increase you can "feel" when there is already ~340 at the wheels.

RAj..I can't speak of the ZO6..since I dont' have one...to powerload..I will say that the 6 or so hp at peak..may be misleading..from what the powerloader did for my present car..is bulk up bottom end....

I look forward to Tom's run at the track to see what actually happened..

The mod is so transparent and easily installed..I hope it does as much for the ZO6 as the coupe!!!

In some ways I understand..when a car is as awesome right out of the box...like the ZO6..why bother..LOL The ongoing question to mod or not to mod..that is the question..This one is so easily implemented...I look foward to hearing further results.

Save the wave..you guys have awesome rides!

Glad to hear Steve has the 2001 programing unlocked.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Where's Carl V. on this thread? Carl seems to be (or has been) in touch with the Powerloader guy. I figured he'd know what there is to know about the 'loader for the Z06.

-Kirk

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Kirk, I am here just got back from Switzerland Monday night. I have not followed this that close because we will have to send my Z06 computer to Steve for reprogramming, I will not be able to get the results I need from the PL because of the cam and injectors we will be using. I think if you can get 8-10 hp and the CAGS gone as well as turning the fans on at an earlier temp allowing you to use a lower temp stat, that would be worth the price alone, in my opinion. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Welcome back, Carlhaagen!

Carl, I have a 160-deg. stat on my Mustang, and I don't know that I'd put one on my Z06. The car runs pretty dang hot in the summer -- and all the while I've heard mixed reviews about low temp stats. I think that they're good in theory, but don't do much good after the water is well-heated. I wouldn't mind hearing contrary arguments, though. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So, you think the PL might/should be good for 8-10 HP on a Z? Are we talking unmodded Z's here?

-Kirk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Karl,

TTS dynoed my car before, after, and during their testing stage. 6-9 HP was the number they came up with depending on which point on the chart you want to look at. My assometer can't tell the difference, but I will soon go to the track to see if my 1/4 mi times improve. Car does "seem" to run better.

Tom

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Tom, what was the torque difference? I would rather have a higher torque number than a higher hp number. In my PL that is what was the biggest difference the torque. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good question! I'll see if I can find out.
I too would prefer torque to HP.

Tom

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tom: Sounds like Steve did his usual great job! My car is headed there after the DRM top-end stuff goes on in a week or so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts