Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one heard of PPS Technology that some new car dealers are applying to the paint?

It's a polarized protection system which guarantees your paint against Fading, Oxidation, Weather, Deterioration and Acid Rain.

It is costing a friend of mine about $300 to have it done to his wife's new car.

www.ppstechnology.com

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
ummmm snake oil?
Dunno, thnk I would just use Zaino

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
never heard of it, spend the $300 on wax. if the paint is that flimsy that it's going to be faded by the sun, then maybe the paint is just sh*t....

·
Registered
486 Posts
yes, true but if they are guaranteeing this, how long is it for 5yrs? 1day?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Stuff like this has been around for decades. The dealer pays next to nothing then sells it for 300 installed. Years ago at the auto shows a guy would show up and give demos, you could buy a bottle for 20 bucks. I believe it actually a polish so it abrades your finish as it "protects".

Chas.

·
Registered
311 Posts
wlxx861 said:
Stuff like this has been around for decades. The dealer pays next to nothing then sells it for 300 installed. Years ago at the auto shows a guy would show up and give demos, you could buy a bottle for 20 bucks. I believe it actually a polish so it abrades your finish as it "protects".

Chas.

I agree with this. It is just a ploy they market to make more money on the sale, just like underbody rust protection sprays and such they try to sell them to you just before you close the deal. If it worked so good wouldn't you have heard about it before? Or wouldn't everyone have it done? Just MHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts