Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vortex rammer, 2tip b&B bullets, and plan on adding Kooks headers/cats/x-pipe and maybe a ported throttle body. Will the Predator programmer be good enough to tune the car for these bolt-ons? Is it worth $400 in terms of performance? Will it come close to the results of an ls1edit on a car with simply a few bolt-ons and no major changes? I'd like to avoid having to make the trip to a tuner and shell out the $$$ for an edit.

Also, I have an A4 transmission, if that makes any difference in the value of a predator.

(Please spare me any ridicule about the A4, I had a chance to get a corvette and rid myself of an '86 F150 truck. I'd be glad to buy a 6speed coupe or Z06 if anyone wants to make a friendly donation :) )

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Go to Diablo's website to find detailed information of what you can do with the Predator. I think it was worth it, and the built in tune gave me 7 hp over stock with headers.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Do your mods, then drive over to Tampa and let AntiVenom tune that car right. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
IT L GO said:
Do your mods, then drive over to Tampa and let AntiVenom tune that car right. :cheers:
I agree 100% with IT L GO, and Greg is having a Dyno Day April 10th I believe! You will not believe the difference a good tune will make! Highly Recommended! :thumb:

Jim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Predator not worth the money!

:cen: If your going to spend $400. + shipping save your money. For around $500. you could have somebody do a full dynotune to it. The Predator is not worth the money. I bought one. and even after returning the stock tune to it. Diablo Sport told me that they were going to charge me an additional $75.00 to unlock it so I can sell it. For the A-4 guys it will change your shift points and the car may feel better or quicker but it really won't be. It will turn your fans on when you reprogram them to, and it could help with speedometer corrections (I think). I have a 6 speed car. I got my fans to turn on earlier, it disabled the skip shift, and then messed up the air fuel ratio and alot of the rest of the tune. My car slowly went from getting 30.1 MPG down to 26.6 MPG. at highway speed. I then had Greg at Anti-Venom do a tune after data-mapping the car. At highway speed I now get 32+ MPG and if I try really hard I can squeeze 36.1 MPG holding it at 64-65 MPH. Diablo Sport can Kiss my foot! $400.bucks + shipping then another $75. bucks to unlock it after buying that piece of crap I could have gotten a complete dyno-tune from AntiVenom instead one that really works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts