Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would greatly appreciate it if the experts out there could shar a few tips for avoiding pits and chipping on the track. In particular, to the following areas of my Z06:

1. Nose and front part of the hood? I am not crazy about the permanent plastic of Stongard. I have seen a $500 Speed Lingerie Bra and a $99 vinyl nose bra in Eclker's. Any other choices? I would only use it at the track or on long road trips. Must not flap at high speed, damage paint, be too difficult to remove or impair the breathing of the car.

2. Mirrors? The only thing I found was a pair of $190 mirror guards.

3. Wheel wells, fenders and behind the wheels?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I use a couple products to help hold back the paint chipping--Clear medium duty shelf paper-just like you use on your kitchen shelves and colored "Racers Tape" much like h/d masking tape that comes in 5 basic colors and leaves no adhesive on paint when remvoed.The tape is the asiest to use.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yep, clear shelf paper works real well and is easy to remove!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I bought a Colgan bra & two outside mirror covers and they work great! Check the various vendor posts for pricing.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies!

I got the Colgan Bra and mirror protectors that Zippy mentioned for the track--worked awesome at 130+mph!

I used some clear, low-tack packing tape behind each wheel and I think I will not do that again as it is a hassel to keep it stuck and debris was not bad.

Redlands Z1114: Where can I get "racers tape"? I would like to put something along the hood under the top edge of the Bra to prevent any chaffing (no problems last time).

Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts

On 2001-05-19 00:02, Mako spewed forth this drivel:
Thanks for the replies!

I got the Colgan Bra and mirror protectors that Zippy mentioned for the track--worked awesome at 130+mph!

I used some clear, low-tack packing tape behind each wheel and I think I will not do that again as it is a hassel to keep it stuck and debris was not bad.

Redlands Z1114: Where can I get "racers tape"? I would like to put something along the hood under the top edge of the Bra to prevent any chaffing (no problems last time).

Thanks!
Racers tape is avaiable close to you in all the major colors,all it is a special colored CONTRACTORS GRADE duck tape. Comes off with out leaveing any tape marks when its warm.White Cap Comtractors supply in Santa Ana has it or any contractors supply house.Its also avaiable from Solo Time Raceing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts