Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please follow these directions to register for the ProAutoSports DE on Friday March 13th:

Go to MotorsportReg.com : MotorsportReg.com > Online Registration for Driving Events

If you do not already have an account, click on "create account."

After you set up an account, register for the "New Member Orientation" on Friday and enter "Z06" in the Discount Code box. Make sure you register for the New Member Orientation even if they have been through the school. They will put you in a different run group if necessary. If you don't register for the New Member Orientation, your discount won't show up when you try to pay.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought registration was already open but perhaps not. If anyone has tried to register and couldn't get it done, try again now. I just got the following email today.
=============
Hi Steve,
Registration is open for March 13th

Hurley

Hurley Hatch
Managing Director
ProAutoSports/ASA Racing
480-664-3872
480-664-3873 - Fax
[email protected]
Welcome to ProAutosports!
=================

·
Registered
703 Posts
I finally registered. I had to call Hurley to ask about helmets. He said they have some there but...Do you guys all have your own helmets? I have a full face motorcycle helmet for my sport bike but I don't want to bring that.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
I finally registered. I had to call Hurley to ask about helmets. He said they have some there but...Do you guys all have your own helmets? I have a full face motorcycle helmet for my sport bike but I don't want to bring that.
Full face is fine......I like to have my own with me for these events, which I have an open face but really a lot of people I see at events have full face.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KM, go to pyrotecthelmets dot com or motorcycle-superstore dot com and you can pick up a helmet for well under $100.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
KM, go to pyrotecthelmets dot com or motorcycle-superstore dot com and you can pick up a helmet for well under $100.
If you are thinking about doing more track time with other organizers, you should get an SA-rated helmet, not an M-rated (motorcycle) helmet.
Some organizers will not allow M-rated helmets ... :idea:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thanks they have open SA rated helmets for about $150. I'll shop around for one when I get a chance but that site seems to be a pretty good one for a fair price.

Thanks for the info Denny. I will get an SA helmet if I buy one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are thinking about doing more track time with other organizers, you should get an SA-rated helmet, not an M-rated (motorcycle) helmet.
Some organizers will not allow M-rated helmets ... :idea:
Good point Denny. Thanks for mentioning that. :thumb:

I just registered but the discount didn't take effect when I updated, so I sent an email to Hurley asking about that. I'll post up the info when I get an answer back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This just in...

Hi Steve,
You need to sign-up for the New Member Orientation for the system to process the discount, so have everyone sign-up for the New Member Orientation even if they have been thru the school and we will put them in a different run group. I changed your registration to reflect the correct amount.
Let me know if you have any other questions,

Hurley

Hurley Hatch
Managing Director
ProAutoSports/ASA Racing
480-664-3872
480-664-3873 - Fax
[email protected]
Welcome to ProAutosports!

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Nothing wrong with that.............a man has to know his limitations and there is only one way to find them.....you have to PUSH IT!!!
Now you know about the line you had there and can 'adjust'. :yeadog:
It seems that track has taken a few casualties in WF history......

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Steve, what tires did you have on?? Toyo's or the F1's??? Do they have flat spots now?

"That was fun" says MaryLou.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Thanks for posting, Steve ... not everyone posts their "outtakes" :eek::
Guess you needed a tow out of the gravel ... any mess on your front end as they attached the cable (note to self ... GOT to get tow hooks) .
Looks like you lifted going into the left turn and the rear got light and came around on you. Your take?
Car OK? ... hope you checked the calipers for gravel ... :yeadog:

Gravel sucks ... OTOH ... it stops you better than grass! :eek:
YouTube - Audi R8 Driver Loses It At Virginia International Raceway

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Oh yeah, Ted's still picking gravel out of his car. :lol::lol::lol:
OH YEAH, I don't know why you had to bring that up:mah:

"That Was Fun":lol::lol::lol:

Peelin' Out
Ted
:usa:

BTW Tom, I think that I have most it gone now!:lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, that's how life is. You don't always win. Besides, people love to see this stuff. I know I do. :lol:

Tom, I had the Toyos on, the F1's SUCK, and no I didn't flat spot them. You can see the skid marks in the video, it wasn't far to the gravel. :lol:

Denny, The crew guy who hooked it up says he's pulled his Z06 out of the same spot several times. I think he was trying to make me feel better. :D

They hooked a tow strap through the passenger side frame rail and pulled me out with a pickup. No damage. And you're exactly right about what happened. I have to seriously "think" about NOT jerking my foot off the gas anyway and I was looking in the mirror for that Subaru I just passed and wasn't paying attention, and the next thing I knew I was way too deep into the turn. I think I jerked my foot off the gas, turned the wheel and hit the brake all at the same time. Why mess around? :lol:

Hey Ted, you can hear us laughing in another video. Mary Lou giggled and said "that was fun." She's a keeper. :yeadog:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I made an emergency start today (that's like an emergency stop only different) :D and I heard gravel shifting around. So I advise you to get ahead of me if you're at Firebird for Winterfest. :yeadog:

That is, if you can. :sneaky:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
I signed up last week..........
I let Leslie drive two years ago and I really want to do the east track!!

I don't know about four or five stints, though......
I may have to ask Mike for some help if he isn't tied up with Lembo's machine!!

I'm sure I can find someone with a helmet that wants to beat on a 500hp Vette for 20 laps or more...........??:sneaky:

Ken

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
I signed up last week..........
I let Leslie drive two years ago and I really want to do the east track!!

I don't know about four or five stints, though......
I may have to ask Mike for some help if he isn't tied up with Lembo's machine!!

I'm sure I can find someone with a helmet that wants to beat on a 500hp Vette for 20 laps or more...........??:sneaky:

Ken
Hey Ken,
We're just happy you can come out and play with us!!! I saw a couple of your posts about work issues........looking forward to seeing you and "the crew" in a couple weeks!!!
Which track did we end up on last year?? The west track?? That was a fun little track!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Ken,
We're just happy you can come out and play with us!!! I saw a couple of your posts about work issues........looking forward to seeing you and "the crew" in a couple weeks!!!
Which track did we end up on last year?? The west track?? That was a fun little track!!
Yep, we did the West track last year. The East track is more fun if you ask me, and it goes the opposite direction. The Pit area is in the infield, so you get to see a lot of the track from just about anywhere. I found that I used my brakes less on the East track.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts