Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be rumor on another forum about some problem with the motor on the new C6 Z06. :screwy:
Anyone else hear this? :eek:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
With all these new Z06's showing up in parades, picnics, races damn near every social gathering in every town from the East Coast to West Coast no one mentioned a valve train failure?

Maybe they trailer the cars to outside of town then drive then drive then in? I doubt that.

I imagine Dave Hill would make a statement because he knows we are going to be red lining these cars. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
One thing nice about the General is, they have some ungodly high standards when it comes to Engine durability testing. The exact numbers escape me right now, but it's something like max rpm for 100 hrs of so on an engine test stand. :z:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I also heard of this a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
IT L GO said:
One thing nice about the General is, they have some ungodly high standards when it comes to Engine durability testing. The exact numbers escape me right now, but it's something like max rpm for 100 hrs of so on an engine test stand. :z:
I'm with you. We tend to forget some of these threads are all rumors. If true it won't be the first nor the last engine/parts I leave on the track either but I doubt they will have any problems. :usa:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
IT L GO said:

Yea, I heard LS motors are one of the toughest motors on ever built, not the material used per say, but the engineering in them makes them withstand alot of hours in high rpms :coo:

·
Registered
788 Posts
I wonder if varying from low rpm to max rpm would be more demanding on an engine than constant high rpm. Seems varying would be more of a strain on certain parts. I don't care if it can do 10,000 hours at max rpm. I will never come close to that, but I do go from idle to 6500 often.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
itchynackers said:
I wonder if varying from low rpm to max rpm would be more demanding on an engine than constant high rpm. Seems varying would be more of a strain on certain parts. I don't care if it can do 10,000 hours at max rpm. I will never come close to that, but I do go from idle to 6500 often.
Interesting, I would like to know that for sure too, but I believe holding it at max RPM is the most damaging, hense the test would create an estimate of duration...

from racing with 2 stroke motors, with the dirt bike sport I would rev my motor from idle to max mostly more when compared to with Go-karting where most of the time it would be on max RPMS, with the dirt bike normally a motor rebuild would be needed depending on use every 2-3 years if not more, on the Karts every season the motor would have to be torn down, I guess I just answer mine and your question :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
I heard someone saw Elvis somewhwere, really! :crazy:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
RobSan said:
I believe 100% of everything I read on the Internet.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I believe :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I heard this a while ago when i picked up my z06 in phily from phoenix performance. they said that they kept blowing the motor and they could not keep it "cold" for at the track. they said that in most of these cases the driver had missed a shet a few hours previous to the blow and seen of 9000 rpm though......so thats what i know

1 - 18 of 18 Posts