Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new Ripper shifter. During my first test run, I am noticing a vibration coming from the shifter area. The only thing I can think of is the stock rubber boot doesn't mate over the shifter very well. Do I have to cut the stock boot to allow it to fit over the base of the ripper shifter. Also, there is a pin in the front of the stock shifter, there is no place on the ripper shifter for this pin. Did you guys leave the pin out? Also, where do you think the vibration is coming from if it is not the boot as described above. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The vibration is normal for this shifter. I have a Ripper and vibration as well.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
You leave the pin out! It's just for aligning purposes when installing the stock or aftermarket shifter. Try putting a 1 1/2" piece of rollbar tubing around the shifter shaft tighted down by two twist ties (this should go under the stock shifter boot). This will help dampen any vibration coming up from the tranny. Certain shift knobs will accentuate a vibration, like the Hardbar knob. The MGW knobs are heavier to help reduce any vibration or rattle as well. Good luck. ;)

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts