Corvette Z06 Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just curious. When does the fuse blow? Are you turning the interior lights on and it blows? :-?
It blows instantly when inserted into the fuse block. It is the courtesy lamp fuse. I've unplugged the under hood lamp as a quick and easy test to make sure that the short wasn't in that part of the circuit with no luck.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just finished off my Certified preowned 12 month extended warranty on my 08C6Z. Mostly minor, except they found a water leak in the body seam below the windshield. They repaired a small section of window molding coming up on passenger side. I complained about some rattle like heat shields vibrating at certain rpms and throttle. They said that they could not replicate, but they added insulation over the transmisson lines, as they were vibrating and looked like they could be hitting the transmission at times. I have confirmed that later Z06's have insulation over these lines, but I had assumed they were for thermal reasons. I also asked why the traction control seemed to provide no restrictions in the dry (i.e. with old GY Runcraps, I could apply only 2/3rds throttle at 20mph in first gear and have the tires spin quickly to the rev limiter in dry roads with good traction!!) They said that engineering said that it was designed that way (??). Active handling definitely works, as it keeps the car straight, but "traction control" appears to be a bad label if this is true. Don't even try to give it alot of throttle in the rain!!

FYI. I took it in as I had a flat on my Mich PS2s from a razor blade which had cut thru the center of the tire. They were able to patch the small hole where the razor blade went thru, but later that night the tire was flat, when I left work. Apparently, they had not seated the bead correctly. Even though I had driven 20 miles from the dealership to work with it holding air, it went flat during the 8 hours I was at work. I was pissed as I had to drive home 20 miles from work at midnight at 25 mph on a tire with 0 lbs pressure. I know that they are designed for it, but it still has to be REALLY tough on the tire. That was 2 weeks ago though, and it seems fine now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have a 2009 cyber gray z06 bought it brand new from dealer ( i live in beirut , Lebanon) anyways so far i have 22000 km on it which is almost 14K miles. So far the car was great, i change oil every 3Kmiles , no major problems, but still i wanted to share the problems i had so far:
1- changed the rear diff oil at around 12.5K miles it was starting to make grinding and clunking noise on turns especially when cold. Dealer said it needs new diff oil but it was not an emmergency , most sports car will do this. anyways i changed it and so far no problems , it is very quiet.
2- the air bag light went on and stayed on once...went to dealer , the fix took 5 minutes, they said it was the connectors under the driver seat , they got loose when seat goes back and forth etc...
3- one time the other week i filled up the tank and the fuel gauge went on empty, the DIC displayed service fuel system and the check engine light went on. Dealer said that it was not a big deal , i can drive it a couple of days to see if the problem goes away. it could have been the quality of fuel , or the Fuel sending Unit, or some emission problem. Anyways drove a couple of days, fuel gauge started working and check engine light went off after few miles. so problem solved by itself.
4- the sound system touch screen would not light up after the car was sitting a couple of weeks. i started the engine, the screen would not light up, but then as i started it again it was ok.

that's it , i guess not too bad:)

there is a thread running over in C5 about needing to regularly clean leaves,road debris from the radiator..is this a problem in c5 land?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
sorry..meant to say is this a problem with C6?[/QUOTE
i can see that since the radiator is exposed from the front grill and from underneath. but never had this problem so far.
However i had to finally change my fuel sending unit due to the fuel gauge problem that happened again and it was irritating me. Now everything is ok, they did that at the dealer under warranty and changed both FSU's just in case. it took them 2 days to give me the car back

·
Registered
18 Posts
great info guys

Thanks
yes this is all great info but having just had my Z for less than 2 weeks i know my biggest problem with the car will be keeping my driver's license.. sinful not to tap that power.. could you guys run a poll on the best radar detector..or could i just get some advice.. I had a Cobra with the mustang i sold..it was ok but i think i need to upgrade

·
Registered
208 Posts
Besides a problem with the synchro motor for 2nd gear when I first bought the car (sometimes the gears would grind for a second before letting me upshift or downshift into 2nd at speed), the only problem I have is that now that I'm getting a second car as a daily driver (to replace my motorcycle -- ultimatum from the significant other), I'm afraid I'm going to worship the Vette more than drive it, now (read: garage queen and occasional track day stomper).

·
Registered
41 Posts
1. oil reservoir needed to be replaced, twice.
2. airbag needed replacing after airbag light came on and off occasionally.
3. right rear bose speaker needed to be replaced after cracking, under normal use.
4. engine ticking noise, replaced lifters. not fixed still at 35500 miles not fixed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On my 2006 Z06, all of the following were repaired under warranty, in an extremely courteous and professional manner:
  1. Hamonic damper detached from crank. Reattached with new bolts properly torqued.
  2. shifter rattle cured with improved shifter assy.
  3. Loose top replaced, painted to match perfectly
  4. clunk in diff. eliminated with new clutch paks.
This all happened during 1st 6 months/2,000 miles.
Now, six years and 30,000 miles later, car has been perfect.

CL
:gjob:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
1. oil reservoir needed to be replaced, twice.
2. airbag needed replacing after airbag light came on and off occasionally.
3. right rear bose speaker needed to be replaced after cracking, under normal use.
4. engine ticking noise, replaced lifters. not fixed still at 35500 miles not fixed.
i believe all LS7 engines have some degree of ticking noise at low rpm 1500-2500 which is normal ls7 engine noise could be lifters could be injectors ...
not sure how bad was your ticking noise.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i believe all LS7 engines have some degree of ticking noise at low rpm 1500-2500 which is normal ls7 engine noise could be lifters could be injectors ...
not sure how bad was your ticking noise.
Its the side to side play in the stock roller rocker arm to trunion setup. Do the Comp trunion upgrade and the ticking stops immediately or at the very least in reduced by 80%

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 08 Z has been nothing short of perfect at 10,000 miles, well truth be told, one very small thing, every so often, every few days the radio will switch from XM to FM all by itself, will not even mention it to dealer. My 09 vert also did the same thing. Other than that the 09 was perfect also. These cars are simply amazing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
2008 with extended GMPP and 3K miles: fuse for interior lights blows every time. Other than that this is the best car I've ever had.
Follow-up:

Figured that there was a short in the circuits supplied by this fuse so unplugged individual components until I found that the wires for the driver's side sun visor had been stripped likely during assembly. Car is absolutely perfect now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with the bi mod exhaust I took mine in cause it stays shut they didnt fix it at the time I was still under warrenty now im not. they told me at the time it was because I have a diff cam so not enough vacume well thats stupid cause when I shut car off they open and when its running they close so if there closing how could there be a problem with vacume if anyone else has the problem that your exhaust doesnt open at 3000 rpm let me know thanks.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts