Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How loud is your charger at idle?? Is it obvious that you have a charger on the car?? I have heard some vortechs on the old stangs.....but not a procharger. If you have a sound clip that would be awesome.......and or just your thoughts on the sound of your system. I want people to know I have something under the hood. I hope the procharger does that.
Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
IMHO the Procharger and the Vortech sound very similar (accept the more silet VG version of the Vortech that is). People will know you are running a blower - no worries there.

Les


Rob1Vet said:
You'll hear it !




Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Actually, there are a few spots you can stand at around the front of the car that the high-pitched whine kinda hurts your ears :D:D

Unfortunately, the procharger doesn't sounds as good as a turbo though, imho
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
Mine is practically silent. If you put your head down real close to the hood you can hear it though :D

Mike
If you put your head close to yours you won't hear anthing else for a week :lol:




Rob :jammin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,625 Posts
Rob1Vet said:
If you put your head close to yours you won't hear anthing else for a week :lol:




Rob :jammin:
Ain't that the truth!! :yeadog: :rofl: :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
853 Posts
If your looking for attention, you will be getting it! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
Ditto and double ditto that remark! Mike's car sounds very :coo: :coo:

Les


Rob1Vet said:
If you put your head close to yours you won't hear anthing else for a week :lol:




Rob :jammin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
Would the sound from the blower still be intrusive if you had headers/no cats/ and Stingers? I was looking at this blower, but thought it was going to be quieter than the Maggie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
exSSer said:
Would the sound from the blower still be intrusive if you had headers/no cats/ and Stingers? I was looking at this blower, but thought it was going to be quieter than the Maggie.
If you're worried about the noise you don't need a blower :yeadog:



Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
Rob1Vet said:
If you're worried about the noise you don't need a blower :yeadog:



Rob


Obviously, you either didn't read, or maybe understand my question. I have a very LOUD car as it is, and wondered if a Procharger is loud enough to drown out the symphony of engine sound I have now. The mechanical whining sound of Roots-type SCs have always annoyed me, and I thought the centri's were much quieter. I'm on the verge of SCing my car, and had pretty much decided on the Procharger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
exSSer said:
Would the sound from the blower still be intrusive if you had headers/no cats/ and Stingers?
That's a very subjective question.

FWIW, I ran a D-1SC, long tube headers, gutted cats, and Borla 2 Tips. The sound was great.

If you want quiet go with turbos.

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
exSSer said:
Obviously, you either didn't read, or maybe understand my question. I have a very LOUD car as it is, and wondered if a Procharger is loud enough to drown out the symphony of engine sound I have now. The mechanical whining sound of Roots-type SCs have always annoyed me, and I thought the centri's were much quieter. I'm on the verge of SCing my car, and had pretty much decided on the Procharger.
Sorry if I misunderstood ! Yes you will still be able to hear the supercharger !


Rob :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
So I guess stealth is not an option? Ah...screw it. If people must know it's SC, so be it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
My Vortech SQ is indeed Super Quiet. I heard an ATI a month or so ago and was surprised at how much louder it was. A number of guys with me at the time remarked on the same thing.

One thing I've found with the Vortech is that you can make it much louder by tightening the cogged drive belt. I leave the idler loose enough the belt has maybe 1/8" play. The mechanic I use every time I blow a belt always tightens it down snug. The blower makes a much louder "blower" noise with the belt tight than loose. I don't know if the ATI has a similar setup, but if it does it's something to check.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
Thanks for the sound clips, Tom. Man that thing makes a racket. Anything that could drown out a motor with headers, and no cats, is something to give one pause.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top