Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had enough of the car stock, and I need more. I was originally thinking of the G5X-3 Cam with headers, and a small ( maybe 75) shot. Now I started thinking about the A&A procharger kit. I've done plenty of searching, but I wanna hear more. Right now the car is a daily driver, but I'm going to buy a beater for the daily driver. If the procharger is tuned conservatively, only running 6 psi, will it be ok on an otherwise bone stock Z06. I like the appeal of the blower, but I still need somewhat reliability. How reliable is the procharger? Everyone with one please voice your opinion.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm currently doing your second option, cam/header & nitrous (coming). If I had the money for a supercharger at the time, I would have done it only if I could've built a forged block at the same time. Necessary? Certainly not. But I would have liked to build a block to take full advantage of the kit I purchased and make some even greater numbers. The nitrous on my cam+header combo will make similar power, but the fact it's on/off only when needed will make it more reliable (imo) than if I had chosen a blower.

I'm sure you'd be fine running the supercharger conservatively, most guys with the procharger are making damn nice numbers and fine. For me, personally, though, I didn't have the money to build the block and blow it to my hearts content. I did the cam&headers first, thinking I'd need no more, then I decided on nitrous this year.

Not sure what to tell you. :lol: I love my cam/headers combo, and I've had a superchaged Mustang prior to the Z06, I prefer the NA feel, and think I might like that N20 there "just in case." If I hadn't been coming off such a sour note with the blower on my Mustang, I'm not sure I would've decided against the Z06 getting blown. But that weighed heavily on my decision since the block had cast internals just as my Mustang had, and I blew the shit out of that. (LS6 a different animal, and not trying to scare you, just my own personal experience).

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I've had a P1SC for 3yrs ,14000 miles. I've been on 1000 mile trips & 11 sec 1/4 mile blast. The car drives like a stocker or a beast. It's all up to you. Good luck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KCMAGS said:
I've had a P1SC for 3yrs ,14000 miles. I've been on 1000 mile trips & 11 sec 1/4 mile blast. The car drives like a stocker or a beast. It's all up to you. Good luck.
K, thanks. Stock motor? What's your AFR, and timing?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I first thought of cam and heads..not enough hp for me ! Then thought about 427 c5r too much money ! Then came up with ATI D1SC SI Procharger from ECS ! 600hp 502 tq on a stock btm end . Love the power !

Rob :D

·
Registered
830 Posts
Being you have an 03 if you do the S/C make sure they check cam bolts word has it they don't lock tight them at factory

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
So far no problems with the A&A kit and lots of fun.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I like the H/C Better because Its not constant Presure on the Stock Internals..IMO And the heads and cam seems to run better on the track a street for the 1/4 Mile runs.. I know, I have beat a few of them 500rwhp car In my 470rwhp N/A Car..... Thats all motor... I have a 100 TNT f2 Kit going on my car..575rwhp With a flix of a button :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
How can you guys run 6 or 7 psi of boost with 11:1 compression on 93 octane i assume.
I looked at this set-up(ATI) as was told with 11.2:1 c.r. with 93 octane-that the most you could run was 4 or 5 psi and that that the motor might last a year or so before i would have to rebuild her or aleast replace with forged pistons in that same or similar time frame.

Please share. Thanks'

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think you'll have a lot more fun with an ECS or A&A ProCharger setup. H/C by itself is not enough power and N20 just isn't for everyone. JMO.

Good Luck,

Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just do a search and see how many owners that have blown there engines when they used S/C just one bad tank of gasoline and your toast. If you can make it right from the beginning meaning building the engine with forged internals your just a ticking bomb waiting to go off, thats a fact, there are no cheap solution for reliable hp period.

·
Registered
967 Posts
ace67 said:
Just do a search and see how many owners that have blown there engines when they used S/C just one bad tank of gasoline and your toast. If you can make it right from the beginning meaning building the engine with forged internals your just a ticking bomb waiting to go off, thats a fact, there are no cheap solution for reliable hp period.
Exactly... :yeadog:

No cheap way for reliable HP.

·
Registered
75 Posts
mdhmi said:
I think you'll have a lot more fun with an ECS or A&A ProCharger setup. H/C by itself is not enough power and N20 just isn't for everyone. JMO.

Good Luck,

Mark

H/C Not anuff power?? I got a Stock 346 cid that traps 126 Mph in a 1/4 With a L.g H/C package.. I have just added a 90mm Fast set up.. and Im gonna put a G5x4 Cam and Im gonna go faster than that... I dont know of a blower car with safe boost leave that will hang with that.. Around here :sneaky:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
HcBlackZo6 said:
H/C Not anuff power?? I got a Stock 346 cid that traps 126 Mph in a 1/4 With a L.g H/C package.. I have just added a 90mm Fast set up.. and Im gonna put a G5x4 Cam and Im gonna go faster than that... I dont know of a blower car with safe boost leave that will hang with that.. Around here :sneaky:
My car usually traps 124 but it's seen 126 a couple times. 6-7 lbs boost.

·
Registered
200 Posts
HcBlackZo6 said:
H/C Not anuff power?? I got a Stock 346 cid that traps 126 Mph in a 1/4 With a L.g H/C package.. ... I dont know of a blower car with safe boost leave that will hang with that.. Around here :sneaky:
Not sure what 'safe' boost is, but, I'm quite sure I can hang with you. :D

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Supercharger would be my vote....or bigger cubes. N02 is tricky and too risky for my tastes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts