Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

I bought a Procharger for my 03 Z06 about 4 months and have yet to put it on. I'm a little concerned about destroying the motor with only 9k miles on it. Has anyone had problems after installing a Supercharger? Does anyone regret installing one? I know I know, how can you regret an extra 150hp right? Has anyone had problems selling their car after installing a supercharger or h/c package? Does anyone have any 1/4 mile times on a stock Z06 with a procharger?

Thanks

P.S. I understand the basics - tuning plays a big part, superchargers can be removed, stock bottom end is good for 550-600hp tops.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well, I love mine. So far the bottom end has taken the abuse, but at this power level, i'm gonna have to forge at some point. Going a heads/cam route is definitely easiers, less complicated, but you're somewhat limited by displacement. I can always put a smaller pulley on my procharger :sneaky: What kit did you get? ATI???

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put A&A's kit on my car with only 5400 miles. I now have a little over 8K miles with not a single problem. Just had it dyno'd at 523 HP. Not bad for 1 mod. and under $6K for everything needed (I installed myself). And WAYYYYYY easier than doing a heads/cam swap, and I think it's way more reliable too. As I firmly believe (from past experiences) once you dig into a motor that was assembled in the factory, it never has the same reliability factor... I say put the supercharger on and realize the wonderful world of BOOST. :coo:

Derrick

·
Registered
175 Posts
If your going to mod your Vette it's best to do it at the younger stages of the motor. I have had my Pro Charger on my vette for 4 months and on my 2000 Camaro for 3 years. I have yet to have a problem with either setup. From the abuse I put my Camaro thru the Charger has been great.
I am currently running 7 LBS of boost at the vette with a few small other normal mods, and the car has seen the best of a 10.65 at 129. I would throw that sucker on and have fun. :usa:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Selling a Pro charged car or any blower car for that matter if the install is right, as well as respectful care has been taken of the car it will sell without a problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BBaxR6 - Yes it is an ATI Procharger.

tazinhawaii - I also ordered the stage II from A&A last week because I heard it was a little easier to install. Did you really have to grind on your subframe to install it?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
jsieg said:
BBaxR6 - Yes it is an ATI Procharger.

tazinhawaii - I also ordered the stage II from A&A last week because I heard it was a little easier to install. Did you really have to grind on your subframe to install it?
You need to grind a semi circle in your sub frame & sawzall your lower radiator support. It's not as bad as it sounds.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Check cam bolts with install GM doesn't lock tight from factory. Pulled a camshaft sensor code after install.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Had my ATI D1SC on for about a year now. No problems at all, and loads more horsepower. As long as you limit the boost, you shoudn't experience any problems. Only got 12K miles on mine, so I went through the same thing. Getting my forged 383 next month, so that boost is gonna be going way up :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
who are you getting the 383 from?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Chris Holmes said:
Had my ATI D1SC on for about a year now. No problems at all, and loads more horsepower. As long as you limit the boost, you shoudn't experience any problems. Only got 12K miles on mine, so I went through the same thing. Getting my forged 383 next month, so that boost is gonna be going way up :)
how is 592RWHP Limiting the boost??? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts