Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be way off base here, but I think we are being too pessimistic about delivery times. If 20 to 25 percent of production will be Z06's wouldn't that equate to approx 125 units per week? If that is so about 500 will be produced per month or close to 2500 by the end of this year. How many people are on waiting lists nation wide? 2500 is a big number. If you are already on a list I would think there is a good chance you will see your Z06 by the end of the year. In fact I would not be surprised if dealers can start to get "stock" units by January. I am no expert on this so please advise why I am wrong. Thanks JDS

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you went with 15% of total retail volume, you would be on the high side of things.

Count on 10-12% on an average week.

·
Registered
432 Posts
jdogg said:
If you went with 15% of total retail volume, you would be on the high side of things.

Count on 10-12% on an average week.
Time will tell! The main thing is they have no production problems, materials, suppliers,Being they have been making them all along the help is getting used to them hopefully they will go into full swing sooner than predicked! :usa:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bowling Green is producing about 150 'Vettes per day. This jibes with the marketing plan for production year 2006 of producing 5,600 Z06's during the model run. This also jibes with the the new Wixom motor plant making 30 Z06 motors per day, and the recently announced news that the plant in Vermont which makes carbon fiber parts for the Z, is going to make in excess of 5,600 sets of parts for the 06 Z06.

Looking at this another way, GM is averaging 34,000 Vettes per year. If Z's are 15% of total production --which is also part of the production schedule, 15% of 34,000 is 5,100 Z's per year.

Yes, there can be ramp up issues, but it is certainly realistic to assume that they can at least make 4,000+ Z06's in 2006.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it does seem that even at 15% they can build 2000 Z06 Corvettes by the end of this year--IF they can ramp up to that level by early August. I do know from a friend that they have been building Z06s on the line then tearing down and starting again for some time to test for problems. I would think they have the "bugs" worked out by now.

·
Registered
765 Posts
JDS1994 said:
So it does seem that even at 15% they can build 2000 Z06 Corvettes by the end of this year--IF they can ramp up to that level by early August. I do know from a friend that they have been building Z06s on the line then tearing down and starting again for some time to test for problems. I would think they have the "bugs" worked out by now.
Retail production does not start till the last week of July, so I'd give all of August as ramp-up time and not anticipate a full production rate till mid September.

I'll put my money on the plant running slower than anticipated to make sure they get it right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I understand now. Actual production runs with actual mass produced parts may run into problems so it may be some time before it goes to full capabilities. Oh well, all we can do is hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
JDS1994 said:
Yes, I understand now. Actual production runs with actual mass produced parts may run into problems so it may be some time before it goes to full capabilities. Oh well, all we can do is hope for the best.
September the Z06 should be rolling on down the assembly line and we can judge what % then. GM needs the money and I'm sure want move as many as possible to the awaiting buyers. We can only wait. Keep in mind GM is having money/credit problems. They don't need any problems moving these cars especially to people who have put a down payment on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts