Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently at a the strip and met a buddy of mine who came up to me rather excited telling me how he got a programmer, i have almost no clue exactly what you can do with those, he said hell program my car for me and itll make a big difference....

Im confuse on exactly what you can get out of programer, is it a good idea, is it usefull, what can i gain out of it, it ther any hassle involved (sorry for being so clueless, i dont have much experiance with these types of things, but im willing to learn,)

thanks alot guys.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
If you are stock it wont do much but I think disable the cags defeat and raise your rev limiter if you are inclined, there are more experienced here to let you know, but if you are stock, I wouldnt bother for right now, if you have money to tool with its a neat devise that gives you info of your car's computer data :jammin:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Take your car to a professional tuner with a dyno...like Phoenix or MTI here in Atlanta. They will hook up a computer to your car and use a program called LS1edit (or other similar type). They will dyno your car and check your timing, air/fuel ratios, rev limters, etc. They will then 'tweak' each and every part of that until they attain the max HP/TQ that's safe to run. You'll know exactly how much power your car has and be able to modify it over the years (exhaust, etc) and see the difference.

This is the only way to do it right.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
wtknght1 said:
Take your car to a professional tuner with a dyno...like Phoenix or MTI here in Atlanta. They will hook up a computer to your car and use a program called LS1edit (or other similar type). They will dyno your car and check your timing, air/fuel ratios, rev limters, etc. They will then 'tweak' each and every part of that until they attain the max HP/TQ that's safe to run. You'll know exactly how much power your car has and be able to modify it over the years (exhaust, etc) and see the difference.

This is the only way to do it right.
I agree 100% :z: :z:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
If you are stock it wont do much but I think disable the cags defeat and raise your rev limiter if you are inclined, there are more experienced here to let you know, but if you are stock, I wouldnt bother for right now, if you have money to tool with its a neat devise that gives you info of your car's computer data :jammin:
I can pull 10-14 rwhp all day long out of a stock Z06 and throttle response that will rip your head off. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
FRC Tom said:
I can pull 10-14 rwhp all day long out of a stock Z06 and throttle response that will rip your head off. :thumb:
Ok Tom. I'm in for the extra 15 HP how much, and will it still be ok on 93 pump gas. I do not want to run on the lean ragged edge. Are you going to make it to the fest? By the way I installed your CAI at Panzers this weekend with the help of mjustmike, and it was a very easy mod. No codes and feels great. How often do you recommend cleaning the K & N filter? Thanks, Don

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
dwjZ06 said:
Ok Tom. I'm in for the extra 15 HP how much, and will it still be ok on 93 pump gas. I do not want to run on the lean ragged edge. Are you going to make it to the fest? By the way I installed your CAI at Panzers this weekend with the help of mjustmike, and it was a very easy mod. No codes and feels great. How often do you reccomend cleaning the K & N filter? Thanks, Don

Dont forget me! I helped too :roll:

I helped watching Mike cut a whole in your car :p

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
Dont forget me! I helped too :roll:

I helped watching Mike cut a whole in your car :p
Sorry Luis,

You are right that damn maf plug was a pain. Thanks again,

Ok we can start a Tom tuning list if he is going to make it to the fest. :D If not man it's a long drive to Florida for a tune. :lol:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
dwjZ06 said:
Sorry Luis,

You are right that damn maf plug was a pain. Thanks again,

Ok we can start a Tom tuning list if he is going to make it to the fest. :D If not man it's a long drive to Florida for a tune. :lol:
I'll be there with my Dell in hand. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
dwjZ06 said:
Ok Tom. I'm in for the extra 15 HP how much, and will it still be ok on 93 pump gas. I do not want to run on the lean ragged edge. Are you going to make it to the fest? By the way I installed your CAI at Panzers this weekend with the help of mjustmike, and it was a very easy mod. No codes and feels great. How often do you recommend cleaning the K & N filter? Thanks, Don
no problem with 93.
I'll reset your fans, remove the cags, smooth out your timing for throttle responce, increase your timing up top for power, and we'll drive her a couple of times so I can scan to get your LTFTs in order, and lean out your PE table.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
FRC Tom said:
no problem with 93.
I'll reset your fans, remove the cags, smooth out your timing for throttle responce, increase your timing up top for power, and we'll drive her a couple of times so I can scan to get your LTFTs in order, and lean out your PE table.
Thanks again Tom. I look forward to the tune and meeting you in person. Don :thumb: :z:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.