I was wondering how many of you have used the programmers on your cars and did it make a difference? Also, which do you guys think is the best? My buddy is trying to get me into the Superchips, he claims it is the best one. What do you guys think?
IMO they are garbage! :cen: I had a Hypertech PP III for my 2002 Z28 and I could not tell a difference at all. Super chips can't really be any better but that's just my opinion. I would use $300 or $400 on something else! :jammin:
I bought a Predator and I think the performance program worked pretty well. I might have gained a tenth of a second in the quarter which isn't much but the programmer has other attributes which make it worth while such as...
- 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee!*
- Lifetime Warranty!
- Screen Size is 300% larger than the competition
- Ability to have customized programming which can be done via email/internet (see below**) (handheld competition does not offer)
- Quicker programming than the competition (takes approx. 2 min.)
- OBD-II diagnostic software (includes live data monitoring of MPH, RPM, IAT, ECT, LTFT, STFT, O2 Voltage, Timing, KR detection, as well as many other sensors (competition does not offer)
- Revised Torque Management Settings for optimum performance
- Eliminates CAGS (Skip Shifting) on the 6-speed manual transmissions (GM)
- User adjustability. the user can set their own parameters. Choose from DiabloSport's performance program, have a custom performance program made for you by Runnin' With The Devil** (optional feature, please inquire), or modify the performance program your own:
* Axle Ratio: Can adjust from a 2.xx up to a 6.xx in .01 increments.
* Cooling Fans: Will adjust both ON and OFF in 1 degree increments up/down.
* Power Enrichment (Fuel): Will adjust from -5% to +5% at WOT
* Spark (Timing): Will adjust from from -10% to +10% at WOT
* Shift Adaption (duration): Allows user to adjust the time delay during the gear change, i.e. quickness of the shift, from -25% up to +25%
* Shift Points (MPH): Allows user to adjust at what MPH the shift should take place, for each individual gear, in 1 mph increments.
* Shift Points (RPM): Allows user to adjust at what RPM the shift should take place, for each individual gear, in 10 rpm increments.
* Shift Pressure: Allows user to adjust the firmness of the shift action, for each individual gear, from -25% up to +25%
* Rev Limit: Allows user to adjust ON/OFF rev limits, for each individual gear, in 10 rpm increments.
* Wheel Sizing:
Factory Wheel Size: Enter the factory tire size in XXX/XX-XX format, i.e. 275/40-17
Actual Wheel Size: Enter the actual tire size in XXX/XX-XX format, i.e. 305/35-18
The Predator then calculates the difference in overall height for proper speedo calibration.