Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'd hardly call that proof. Keene Bell said a twin-screw was "coming soon" for the 99 Cobra for almost 5 years.

·
Registered
373 Posts
That's good. It wasn't on there before.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
There getting closer :coo:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yea, that's really compelling.. Not even an ETA.

Mark

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
mdhmi said:
Yea, that's really compelling.. Not even an ETA.

Mark

Look BUDDY, the point of the post was to verify that KB does indeed have plans to do the corvette kit. People on this board were questioning that so I thought people might want to see that.

You don't have to be a jerk about this. :mah:

·
Registered
200 Posts
RZ - I'm not trying to be a dick about anything, it's just that after reading about the KB setup for many months I'm ready to see some results. Lighten up. :cheers:

Mark

·
Registered
752 Posts
RZ01....Thanks for the post. I check the KB website occassionally just to see if there is any acknowlegement of the Vette blower. Looks like good news to me.

Patience (regarding new develop of vette parts) is a virtue ;)

Silvertp

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Bigg Lee said:
the kenne bell's gonna be sick when it hits the market.can you say 20 lbs of boost? :lol:

Lol.

I cant even imagine the detruction you would wreak upon the motor the first time you subjected it to 20lbs at 2500rpms. :bang:

Then again, excuse to build a better motor..... :jammin:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Good to know... thanks for sharing.

Alex :guiness:

·
Registered
372 Posts
The KB design is a tad different than the others on the market. More boost is possible with cooler temps generated by the blower drive and a great fuel system/tune. 20 sounds a bit high for my taste, but have seen 18psi on a 96 4.6 Cobra block without destruction. Biist is not evil, detonation is.

Have run his set-up on many Fords. Never any issues with the blower itself. Most of my stuff was adapted one off stuff. With the exception of some 5.0 and 5.8 mustangs.

To get Jim to actually produce the kit he typically needs some encouragement. Drop him some emails and I bet it comes out a whole lot faster. Ask for a group purchase of 10 or so kits and it could be out in 90 days.

I have worked with him before. But for the curious I will stop by and see what the scoop is and give you an update.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Z06Machine said:
The KB design is a tad different than the others on the market. More boost is possible with cooler temps generated by the blower drive and a great fuel system/tune. 20 sounds a bit high for my taste, but have seen 18psi on a 96 4.6 Cobra block without destruction. Biist is not evil, detonation is.

Have run his set-up on many Fords. Never any issues with the blower itself. Most of my stuff was adapted one off stuff. With the exception of some 5.0 and 5.8 mustangs.

To get Jim to actually produce the kit he typically needs some encouragement. Drop him some emails and I bet it comes out a whole lot faster. Ask for a group purchase of 10 or so kits and it could be out in 90 days.

I have worked with him before. But for the curious I will stop by and see what the scoop is and give you an update.

Hi Z06Machine,
You make some great points about KB. The magazine shooting date is June 15th from what I've been told, so it's getting close. Tell Jim were going to buy his kit!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Re the KP kit: I ordered a supercharger hood from Mike at MCM last week and he told me that he had talked to KB last Dec re fitment of the C5 supercharger under the MCM hood. I asked Mike if he could recontact KB and see if this was still happening.

I do not even knoe if I am going FI, may do a 427 - but I love those MCM hoods!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts