Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is some definitive proof that the Donaldson Blackwing really works.
Ok I decided that I was going to install a Donaldson Blackwing along with a Halltech MAG. I put it in today and then did the computer relearn.
Well, I go out to test drive and about 10 minutes into the drive, I stop in the middle of the road, give it hell 0 to 100 and here is where the magic starts...

The car Peed on me!

Yes its true, the windshield wipers had a bout with incontinence and dribbled all over the windshield. This has never happened before the air intake install.
So take it for what its worth, the Donaldson - Halltech MAG combo is kick ass!

Z

·
0 Posts
Donaldson good for 2.8 hp

On sep 11 2001 we tested a Z06 with Verdones System and made 372.9 rwhp with a stock air box and a K/N filter. We then added one the DONALDSON
air intake system and made 375.1 rwhp. Now we did this with the hood closed not open at techodyne in tempe AZ and have used this dyno from the start.
We did not see 30 nor 20 nor 10hp we found ONLY
2.2 hp Not a lot for a big air filter.. I am not saying that the system does not work I,m just saying that It made no big gains on the dyno. Tonight we go to firebird raceway to run the 1/4 mile , we are going to put it to the test on the track. I hope we see a big gain but I don't think so.. We are going to try it on a few Z06 from bone stock to exhaust modifed units. We will let you Know how we did... :cheers:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Joe, I look forward to your results. But as I am shure you know assesing the variebles run to run is usualy not simple. Good luck, Ric

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey I dont want to burst any ones bubble, but every C5 that I have owned pisses wiper fluid under hard acceleration regardless of what intake system it had on. But then again once in a while you need somthing like this to happen to make you feel good or at least not foolish for spending a lot of money.

COPTERJOHN:D :cheers:

·
Registered
464 Posts
The HallTech system may or may not add HP, I for
one feel it does. Even if it doesn't it looks
DAMN GOOD!

Note to moderators: The above is not meant to
be a personal attack on anyone or anything!

:D :D :D

:cheers:

2Charmed

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well it seems that the guys at Vette Magazine must be a bunch of paid off liars. Seems that in their December 2001 issue they replace the stock filter on a 2001 Z06 with a Donaldson Blackwing and get a 14.7 rear wheel horsepower increase. Paid off bastards they must be according to you guys.

Oh well I can't wait for one of you stock airbox guys to pull up next to me at a stoplight some day!

:lol:

By the way, my original post on this thread was meant to be a humorous one, too bad some of you didn't pick up on it.
:roll:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Paintdog,

You are satisfied with the Donaldson so that is all that really matters. :)

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Don't let em get to ya Paintdog. I've smoked SEVERAL stockers with my Halltech. I don't have much experience with other units and one *possibility* is that people try one intake system, they feel it did nothing, then group all intake systems into one basket claiming that they don't work.

I have an open invite for any stock Z06 (or homemade intake solution) that wants to try their luck, 01 OR 02 :) After all, who crosses the line first is what counts right :)

JC

·
Registered
0 Posts
You On!!

N4C5S said:
I have an open invite for any stock Z06 (or homemade intake solution) that wants to try their luck, 01 OR 02 :) After all, who crosses the line first is what counts right :)

JC
:lol: OOOPS, forgot....I'm not stock. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts