Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Does Stongard Work?

lundgren, What were your impressions with stongard? I am going to do it next week.....should I? Does it work as advertised?

Please let me know, thanks.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
There are two products that I know of, one being Stongard, which has gotten very good feedback, and the other is AutoBahnd, which I put on my car. Basically both products are the same thing, a clear multilayer plastic coating that is put on all of the leading edges of the car to protect it from rock chips...

·
Registered
1 Posts
stongard

I had stongard installed on my red 98 c5. I must say that I have had more questions about the product from many interested people. I am totally happy with not only how it looks, but how well it protects. I've had bra's on my cars before. The "clear" bra like stongard can be washed and waxed! From 5 feet away you can't even tell it's there. The company also installed the headlight protectors. A full kit includes front end, headlight covers and 1/3 on the hood. It also includes door handle and door edges! I'm very particular and I wouldn't recommend anything less than perfect. The warranty is superior!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
BrianK -- good question, and since I just got some stongard installed along the rocker panels, I should know soon. IMO, if a big sharp object hits it, it will probably leave alittle nick, but I think most of those can be waxed to hid the impact point. Stongard seems to be pretty flexible, so I would imagine most hits will not leave any significant marks.

When are you getting your Z? Go see NW events forum, I posted about a possible get together this weekend (weather forcast looks good so far :D).

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I'm having Corvette Armor installed next week. I live in an area with a lot of gravel, etc. from new home construction, dump trucks. Will advise how it works out. I've been driving around in a state of terror since I picked my Z up last Friday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does Stongard make a template for 01 Z06?

I have been on Stongard's website and a search for 2001 Corvette comes up with nothing. Sorry for not being as informed but is the 2000 body identical to the 2001?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
ghussey -- the Stongard main office is in Bellevue WA. Me, JZ and Mufflerbearing all had our cars done at the main office and they now have a custom cutout for the Z's whole rocker panel area. It even goes fully around the rear brake inlet duct -- very cool setup.

The 01 and 02 Z06s are exaclty the same body panels.

All the C5s are the same body panels, except the Z06 has the rear brake cooling duct.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I sure wish I had done something. I was returning from an open track day, too tired to put the street tires back on and drove for a couple of blocks on a road under repair and I have some serious damage to the paint behind all four tires!!

I am really bummed.:mad:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I have Xpel

The Xpel is less money but I think that you should go with the stoneguard. the Xpel on my 01 QS ZO6 will get stained from bugs. The brown/orange stains fade out in a couple of days. Has anyone with the stoneguard noticed this?

The xpel is also a 3 piece kit just for the front bumper, where I think the stondguard is one piece for the front bumper. The Xpel bumper kit installed was $300.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Whats involved in removing any of these products? Are they easy to remove?

·
Registered
878 Posts
I had stonegard installed on my Z, I did the full kit and when I picked it up the front bumper was in 2 pieces, I said what the #[email protected]%. He said the piece is too big to make it look perfect. I must say that it does look great. You can tell it's on there at all until someone points it out.

I was at Halltech yesterday getting my T1 pics here and Jim didn't even notice the stonegard until I pointed it out. He couldn't believe how invisible it was.

I had them do my entire rocker panels from the front wheels all the way to the rear wheels and then behind the rear wheels. They cut some custom pieces for me too :D.

I highly recommend it. It you're in San Diego, there is a great Stoneguard installer, PM me if you want their info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.